Making peace with the skin

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/10/13 3:14 am, edited 12/10/13 4:13 am - Windsor, Canada

Those who have read my posts over the last 7 plus years know that I've always had an issue with my body image.  Surgery was in 2006.   I've never really pursued plastics and have tried to make peace with my body, excess skin and all.  

I don't mind the bat wings.  I dislike my droopy legs and my sagging bosom, but I've always absolutely HATED my excess skin at my belly.  The infections, smell, sweating, itchiness etc. Clothes can be hard to fit.  Sometimes I feel like I look pregnant.  Those that I talk to don't seem to understand as they say it doesn't look so bad.

Compared to others it's not the worst I've seen by any means.  I've always sort of resigned myself to living with it as I was pretty sure I would never qualify for anything Ohip covered and well, money always seems to be for other things.  

Well during the summer, hubby started to encourage me to pursue it.  I got a referral with Dr. matic in London in October.  He seemed pretty encouraging. I still never dreamed I'd get any coverage. 

Lo and behold, I called today and I am APPROVED!   Soooo excited!  

I'm going to upgrade to a tummy tuck. 

So I've decided I'm not going to make peace with my belly after all.  I'm going to give it the surgical heave ho instead. Lol. 

Thought I'd share my big news!

dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Sunny123
on 12/10/13 3:30 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Good for you! 

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/10/13 3:33 am - Windsor, Canada

Thanks!  :-) 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!

Monica9811
on 12/10/13 3:46 am - Peterborough, Canada

That's great Dawn!  I am happy for you. 

aidan
on 12/10/13 4:24 am - Canada

Wow that's great! Congrats!

Karlalala
on 12/10/13 4:26 am - London, Canada

That is inspiring to me!  This is the first time I have been back on OH in almost 2 years and I was coming back on needing to hear something encouraging and this is it!  i have felt the same way as you....just decided I would have to make peace with it because I assumed I would never get coverage.  I am calling my doctor this afternoon to see if he can get me a referral to the same surgeon!

Thanks for sharing!  i needed to hear your great news!  I am SOOOOO happy for you!  Way to go!

Karla

froggy2816
on 12/10/13 4:47 am - MD

Im 2 yrs out of rxy and my insurance will Not cover plastic surgery. After a recent revision due to ulcers a nurse encouraged and Informed me to go to a teaching hospItal in my area. So i called today and obtained the best news ever. TeachIng hospital have residents who are graduation this sprring and need surgeries for their portfoillos for hiring. The are supervised by the master surgeon but the only fee is foR the operaing room its self. They want to do gOod for the photos so win win.

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/10/13 4:59 am - Windsor, Canada

So nice to see you Karla!!  Would love to see you and others I miss post more often :-)

Great to see you hear again!

thanks

dawn

Patm
on 12/10/13 4:39 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations. Glad it worked out

daint45
on 12/10/13 4:54 am - Canada
RNY on 11/20/12

That is excellent...good for you!  I am very excited for you.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics