Monday Start (5DPT)

Catw
on 1/2/14 9:59 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Hi Everyone,

As some saw the other day, I'm planning on doing the 5 Day Pouch Test starting Monday (5DPT).  I know a couple people have mentioned that they will join me, and just wanted to see if there was any one else that was interested.  I'll be posting each day for this so that everyone can share how they are doing, struggles etc.  To be honest, I'm organizing this so that I can't make excuses for not doing it.

For those who don't know what the 5 Day Pouch Test is, it's not really a pouch test, it won't shrink your pouch etc.  It's a diet that some use to help kick carb and sugar cravings.  How closely you follow the diet is up to you.  You can go to http://5daypouchtest.com/ for more information.  The basics of the plan are:

Days One & Two: Liquid Protein
low-carb protein shakes, broth, clear or cream soups, sugar-free gelatin and pudding.

Day 3: Soft Protein
canned fish (tuna or salmon), eggs, fresh soft fish (tilapia, sole, orange roughy.

Day 4: Firm Protein
ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken, lamb), shellfish, scallops, lobster, fresh salmon or halibut.

Day 5: Solid Protein
white meat poultry, beef steak, pork, lamb, wild game

If you are interested in doing this, chime in!  It's easier to do it as a group than by yourself!

Cathy

Leanne1
on 1/3/14 12:12 am - Newmarket, Canada

Me! :)

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

reenie33
on 1/3/14 12:32 am

count me in... I have to try something as Ive not been losing, just maintaining. Ive still got about 35 lbs to go and Ive been eating crappy, chips, popcorn buttered and salty, chicken wings etc bad bad bad 

Catw
on 1/3/14 1:36 am - Arnprior, Canada

That's why I need this.  I've been maintaining for a while, but would like to someday see what Onderland is all about, which means kick the crap!  Which I should be good and ready for after this weekend's hockey tournament.

stephanie2011
on 1/5/14 8:18 am - toronto, Canada

Hi Cathy,

I am in.  I need to do something to reset my pouch and my head.  It is a new year and a good time to start something new. 

thanks for the motivator :)

steph

Referral: Aug 3, 2010       Info Session: Dec 12, 2011   
Nurse Appt: Jan 30, 2012    Diet/Nut Appt: Feb 8, 2012
Surgery Class: Jan 24, 2012
Meet Surgeon: Feb 8,2012    Start Optifast: April 24, 2012
Surgery Date: May 8, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics