What a pair of pants can do...

squidget
on 1/11/14 3:57 pm

So I've lost around 115 pounds.  I was fortunate that my sister in law had some tops and blouses to keep my wardrobe afloat, but I was still wearing my size 22 and 24 jeans.  I tried on a few of the size 18 and 16 (Plus) that she'd given me, and they were too loose.  So I realized I had to buy a few transitional items (the first I've had to buy since Orientation in March 2012). 

Off we went to a REGULAR sized store, and to my utter astonishment, a size 18 fit, and so did a size 16 pant.  I also bought two XXL blouses  and a tee.  And a dress.  All for $111.  Yesterday, I bought two pairs of size 16 jeans.  And a black cardi. 

Today, I fooled myself into going to my favourite shoe store to check out their tall boots.  No way those boots are going to zip, so even though it's stretching the budget, they won't fit you anyway.  Until, that it, they DID zip.  Over a pair of skinny jeans, no less.  And they weren't wide calf boots -- they Steve Maddens, which i think are pretty good (?).  But tonight, I sit here realizing  it's time to clean out that closet.  So I did.  And 3 dressers.  And the coat closet.  5 Green garbage bags for a local women's shelter.  Hope they can help someone.

Feeling blessed

muknanav
on 1/11/14 8:07 pm - Erin, Canada

What a wonderful post! Cleaning out the closet feels SO good! I just did another clean yesterday, and while I'm sad to see some of my favourite pieces go, I'm so happy to be able to shop almost anywhere!

Enjoy your new purchases, especially the boots!

5'8" ~ HW: 350 ~ Starting Weight at Guelph: 338 ~ Starting Weight on Opti: 313 ~ Surgery Weight: 298 

RNY July 17, 2013 ~ Dr Foute-Nelong ~ CW: 159

squidget
on 1/12/14 2:54 am

Thank you!!  It's amazing how that one trip to the mall for a pair of pants has spawned this manic need to clean out the old!  I'm like Martha Stewart and Imelda Marcos on speed! 

I know you know what I'm talking about with the boots ...  I could NEVER have stuffed my calves into a pair of riding boots 115 pounds ago.  Believe me, I tried.  These boots represent a personal triumph in a way.  MAJOR NSV! 

You must be enjoying the big changes too!!  broken heart

Patm
on 1/11/14 10:44 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Retail therapy is good for the soul. Sounds like you had a great time. Makes loosing the weight worth all the work

Sunny123
on 1/12/14 1:04 am
RNY on 12/05/13

I have run into pieces not fitting anymore already - While I will be sad to see some clothes go, most of them I will gladly see their end coming in my closet.

I was gaining weight up to surgery and the last few weeks pre-op I was down to a few items that I'd like to set my husbands welding torch to!

I won't, I will donate - good riddance!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

squidget
on 1/12/14 2:51 am

Keep at least one pair of pants and a top .... just to pull out now and then as a reminder of how far you've come!!  kiss

Nerak
on 1/12/14 12:33 pm - Canada

What a great feeling! Love your post!

Karen

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

Most Active
Recent Topics