What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

TanyaLH
on 6/2/14 6:06 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Good Morning! (3:30 AM)

Getting ready for work....  

Looks like a rainy day here today (according to the Weather Network).

Working a 10 hour shift today, then going to get my new orthotics.

If any one uses Mio water enhancer, No Frills has it on for 2.00 each this week. And I must say, the Cranberry Rasoberry is my new favourite!

Nothing else going on today...

What is everyone else up to?

B- 1/4 cup FF cottage cheese w/ 1/4 cup Source cherry yogurt, protein coffee.

S- 1/4 cup Light ricotta cheese w/ a few mixed berries

L- Flat Out wrap with sweet kale salad and tuna w/ tbs LF poppy seed dressing

D- 1/2 cup sweet kale salad w/ 2.5 oz chicken breast

S- 1/3 cup frozen fruit put through the Yonanas machine

Be well everyone

Tanya

Karen M.
on 6/2/14 8:11 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning,

Wow you get up early for work, Tanya! Have a great day.

It's pouring rain at the moment - hopefully it'll help my pitiful little flowers. Dr. appointment (rheumatologist) this afternoon, other than that, domestic goddess duties. Had a really nice visit with my son yesterday - so happy to see him so settled and content. Check one thing off my worry list ;)

8 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3 over the morning, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, muffin-sized egg bite (crustless quiche)

S - Premier protein shake with frozen banana and strawberries

L - veggie burger no bun, sweet kale salad (wow that's good!)

S - Premier protein shake, muffin-sized egg bite

D - grilled shrimp (7) dipped in sweet Thai chili sauce, sweet kale salad, 1/3 cup rice, 1/4 cup edamame

S - not sure

Have a good one,

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 6/2/14 11:41 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad you had a good visit with your son. With me it is my daughter. She recently broke up with her boyfriend. Is facing some expensive dental issues. I even suggested she move home if she wanted when her lease was up to save some money. So I may have her back in September. Have mixed feelings.

Karen M.
on 6/3/14 12:00 am - Mississauga, Canada

Jesse moved back downtown TO April 1 after having stayed with me since late August last year. He's been in and out a couple of times (1 year at university in Ottawa, a few years downtown that ended in a lease not renewed) and the same thing happens each time he comes back home - he immediately turns into a rebellious 12 year old (he's almost 23 lol) who won't pick up after himself, help around the house, show general respect, etc. Of course, this causes me to immediately turn into a cautious, nagging mom. The moment he moves out on his own we become besties again - long heart-to-hearts, lots of laughs, a wonderful parent/adult child relationship.

I hope your daughter finds her way, even if it is back home for a while. Moves back home don't tend to last too long - they miss their independence. Thinking good thoughts for her, and you.

K.

Karen

Patm
on 6/3/14 12:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I think the biggest problem is her dad who all of a sudden becomes worried if she is home or what she is doing like she is a child not an adult 26 yr old. She works two jobs so is often not home. I can see him now worrying when she will be home for dinner. I guess I will worry about it if it happens. She also has a small dog she rescued. So we could take care of it for her instead of her having to pay a walker for the days she is gone 12 hours

Karen M.
on 6/3/14 12:25 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yeah, I gave up on the "expecting him home for dinner" thing pretty quickly this time. lol BUT, I will say this: I was still pretty damn sick when he moved back in August. Knowing he was there each day (at some point) was a true comfort to me. And having him home brought out "mom", not "patient" - I started truly cooking again (I love to cook, it's a real and rewarding hobby of mine) to make sure there was always something healthy for him in the fridge with his crazy work schedule, started feeling more confident in tackling larger projects around the house on my own (at least someone would find me injured LOL!) and spurred me to feel "normal" again. Whether he knows it or not, I give huge credit to my recovery to him.

Now you've got me all sentimental and crap. Sheesh.

Kidding. I needed that. :)

Karen

birdiegirl
on 6/2/14 8:45 pm

RNY  5 Years 2 Months Post Op

Morning

Sweet Kale Salad!....is there anyone who doesn't love it?.......I cant tell my husband there are brussel sprouts in it.....as he professes to hate  them.....but I watch him gobble it down with a smile....so delish.....though I am surprised at the low fibre content of the salad.....hoping the nutrients in it are outstanding

Busy day today with some meetings....out for lunch and dinner.....ughh for the salt......down 1 pound of the 3  put on this weekend.....and yeah I know its salt and stuff......just have to keep the faith......because my losses are in ounces.....and it takes a long long time to lose re-gain this far out....so please learn from me and get it all off plus a little while its easy

STEPS - 5900

EATS

B - 2 - 3 large mugs of coffee....1 reg and the rest decaf

Premier protein shake

S - 1/3 of a pure protein bar

L - Grilled chicken caesar salad

D - 4 oz beef tenderloin steak

veggies....grilled or steamed or poached....as many as I want

1 TSP of olive oil I figure is used in cooking

S - 2 Source dessert yogurt....these sure help me with sweet cravings.....and only 35 calories each....I don't need the extra protein....so I use these rather then greek yogurt which has higher calories

2 Popsicle brand fudge pops

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories 859,  Carbs - 44 Grams,  Fat - 34 Grams,  Protein - 93 Grams

Water - 3 litres at least....all vits....likely more decaf coffee

Have a great one  

Karen M.
on 6/2/14 11:02 pm, edited 6/2/14 11:10 pm - Mississauga, Canada

So funny about the brussel sprouts - I fed the salad to my son last night (professed vegetarian) and I didn't tell him about the brussel sprouts 'til he had gobbled up a big heap of it, which he loved.

ETA: Meant to comment on your weight loss goal - with the low calories you're eating today and continued lack of salt I'll bet you see another loss tomorrow morning. Takes a few days to get the water weight back out. You are doing great - lots of willpower!

K.

Karen

birdiegirl
on 6/3/14 5:47 am

Lets hope I can continue with the low cal today.....I feel "empty"  ya know?

Karen M.
on 6/3/14 7:32 am - Mississauga, Canada

I'll bet you do. I would too. Hang in there!

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics