I can eat anything and everything

TiffanyandCo
on 7/8/14 3:21 am - Canada

Hey guys, I happy to report that I am 2 months post op and so far I am able to eat everything. I have no problems with rice, pasta, meats etc. life's good but to be honest I'm not really seeing any major weight loss. On the day if surgery I weighed 277 today I'm at 240. I don't notice te weigh kiss and I'm wondering when I can expect to see a change.

Karen M.
on 7/8/14 3:39 am - Mississauga, Canada

Well when you post something about eating and everything, I guess the big question is are you. Just because you CAN doesn't mean you should.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TiffanyandCo
on 7/8/14 3:52 am - Canada

Oh no... The doctors said to test different types if food to see what you can tolerate. So far I good with everything. I do stuck to my diet.... Protein is always the first thing on my plate and in my belly. What I am having trouble with is girls night. We often go to the movies and the girls always get snakes like popcorn, chips etc... What can I get or bring with me that is safe to eat after surgery?

Patm
on 7/8/14 4:15 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I have taken roasted chickpeas, nuts or protein bar if you can now tolerate them

Karen M.
on 7/8/14 5:11 am - Mississauga, Canada

So glad to hear you say that - the title of your post scared me. A tiny amount of popcorn (brought from home, not the over-greased and salted stuff they sell at the theatre) is ok, only when your gut is ready for it. Anything goes at the movies really. Think of something you love to eat. Pack it up, put it in your purse and go for it at the movies.

Karen

TiffanyandCo
on 7/8/14 5:19 am - Canada

Thanks it's easy going to a restaurant... I'm starting to find that a lot of places have great appatisers and a lot if places are willing to let me have something from te kids menu. Going out with my gfs is hard. Last week we went out of desert. I couldn't get anything as there was no surger free option so I got Italian ice. A fancy slurpee like thing which is just crushed ice and some flavoured syrup. Thank god they had sugar free syrup. Thanks for all the help :) 

Karen M.
on 7/8/14 7:32 am - Mississauga, Canada

The kids menu? They are typically full of carbs and grease - pizza, mac and cheese, chicken fingers, ... this is not the menu area you should be picking from. Appetizers are great - but you still have to choose wisely.

After reading this thread again, I have to say I'm a little concerned. It all reads to me that you are pushing limits, testing waters.

I really think you need to take a step back and re-evaluate what you're eating and what you're willing to start eating. You are so early out yet. I've seen posts similar to this so many times over my 8 1/2 years on this forum. I'm afraid the majority didn't end well.

Best,

K.

Karen

TiffanyandCo
on 7/8/14 7:44 am - Canada

Please believe me when I say that I'm on top of things. I follow my doctors rules very closely... As for kids men yes bit all places are bad... For example when I got to Swiss chalet I get the kids chicken sandwich. I remove the bread and only eat the chicken, the chicken is not fried or anything like that. As for apatizers i always as for them to be modified. For egample I went to a pizza place and I got the apatizer meatballs... I asked for no cheese and nosauc... I want you to know that I don't eat rice or pasta or bread I simply tried these I teams as my doctors told me to.  

Karen M.
on 7/8/14 7:54 am - Mississauga, Canada

And please believe me when I tell you I'm relieved to hear you say that! Honestly, we all want you (and everyone else too) to do well. We're here to help however you may need us. Maybe join us on the "what are you eating/doing today" thread - lots of good menu ideas, guidance and support there - every single day :)

Karen

Linsie
on 7/8/14 12:41 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

I'm about a month and a half out of surgery and have lost 37lbs. Met with my surgeon yesterday who said on average, people lose 16lbs which seems low to me but what do I know lol. I'm out of the Guelph clinic, and we have strict restrictions: no red meat (including pork) for 6 months and no raw veggies for 3 months. Kinda sucks but again, I don't know anything and do what I'm told. All clinics are very very different in what their process is for restrictions after surgery, maybe that's why we all lose different amounts. 

You could be at a "stall", but you've lost quite a bit, just keep'er goin!

Most Active
Recent Topics