2 questions please help!

sadgirl89
on 12/13/14 4:29 am

I can not sleep on my back whatsoever, every time I do, I snore... when I lay on my back and I'm not sleeping it's the most uncomfortable feeling/position ever. I almost feel like I can't breathe and right away I roll on my side and feel so much better. Has anyone else had these issues prior to having surgery? Or is it just me? Also, I'm in ketosis now Ive been on optifast for 13days my Surgery is on Monday... you guys were right my breath is horrible lol but what I wanted to ask is, am I  supposed to be losing weight on opti? If so, I haven't. 

annelinda59
on 12/13/14 4:39 am
VSG on 06/03/14 with

I can only answer the first question. I have sleep apnea, and I can't sleep on my back, either. I feel like I can't breathe, and all the extra weight around my neck feels like it's pressing down against my throat. It's getting better, though, as my weight goes down. 

5'6" SW 359

sadgirl89
on 12/13/14 7:52 am

It's weird though, my doctor says I don't have sleep apnea when I asked. I feel a lot better knowing that as I lose the weight my nights will get better or just laying on my back in general. I'm glad it's getting better for you and thank you so much for answering!

TES
on 12/13/14 7:52 am, edited 12/13/14 7:53 am - Ottawa, Canada

Prior to surgery I could NEVER sleep on my back.  I felt like I was smothering myself.  If forced to sleep on my back, I snored and had horrible dreams, if I managed to sleep at all.

However, 5 months post surgery, I now sleep on my back quite often and find it comfortable and enjoyable.  It's amazing the things that weight loss can change. :)

RE: Optifast and weight loss, some people do and some people don't lose weight.  I only lost about 8 - 10 lbs during the full 3 weeks I was on.

TES

sadgirl89
on 12/13/14 12:45 pm

That's amazing!! I honestly can't wait until that day comes when I'm able to lay on my back with ease. As for opti, I'm so over it 1 more day and I'm done! It has served its purpose "ketosis" and that was just that.

Wendy-Louise
on 12/13/14 8:04 am - Canada

Sounds like you have sleep apnea. At the center I went through you had to have a sleep study done before you were cleared for surgery, and if they found you had it you had to be compliant and use cpap machine or no surgery. I think most people lose some weight on Optifast I lost 8lbs put I don't know that it is a requirement. I hope this answers your questions. Good luck to you on Monday. God Sped.

sadgirl89
on 12/13/14 12:35 pm

Thank you, I'm praying everything goes well 

Patm
on 12/13/14 8:46 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Everyone is different on opti. I lost mostly water and became slightly dehydrated. So when I had the surgery the flooded my system with fluids. I left the hospital at the same weight as before opti!! So long as you follow the plan you will be fine

sadgirl89
on 12/13/14 12:20 pm

I go up 5 pounds and then I lose 5 pounds, it's so frustrating but I will definitely stick to the plan. These 2 weeks on opti have been the hardest for me, but I know what my end goal is and I'm proud of myself.

annieliv
on 12/13/14 10:01 am - Toronto, Canada
Most Active
Recent Topics