Sleep

Ipatton
on 1/4/15 10:44 pm - Canada

Hi All,

I am a month post-op today and my recovery has been great for the most part, no problems getting my protein in, all vits and minerals, been active.  My only issue is that I am having trouble with sleep.  It seems every 2 or 3 days I can't sleep, my mind starts racing as soon as I close my eyes and I end up getting up and doing some work.  I cant figure out if it is just stress of getting back to work and all the stuff I have to do or if it could be something else but it is very distracting and annoying.  I end up staying up till unholy hours of the morning and generally am pretty productive but then the next day I am ruined because I didn't sleep. 

did anyone else have sleep issues post-op?

Ipatton
on 1/4/15 10:44 pm - Canada

Hi All,

I am a month post-op today and my recovery has been great for the most part, no problems getting my protein in, all vits and minerals, been active.  My only issue is that I am having trouble with sleep.  It seems every 2 or 3 days I can't sleep, my mind starts racing as soon as I close my eyes and I end up getting up and doing some work.  I cant figure out if it is just stress of getting back to work and all the stuff I have to do or if it could be something else but it is very distracting and annoying.  I end up staying up till unholy hours of the morning and generally am pretty productive but then the next day I am ruined because I didn't sleep. 

did anyone else have sleep issues post-op?

Catw
on 1/4/15 11:53 pm - Arnprior, Canada

I did have some sleep issues post op. I'd only sleep a few hours a night.  If your mind is racing, then it's probably stress.  One thing you can start is a diary.  Every night just before going to bed, write down everything on your mind.  If your mind is still spinning after that, write what your mind seems to be stuck on.  Putting it on paper helps get that stuff out of your head so you can focus on sleeping instead of the other stuff.

Cathy

Most Active
Recent Topics