What are you eating/doing today? (Wednesday)

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/15 3:54 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

MY GI system is not happy at all lately.  I almost feel like I am allergic or overly sensitive to something I am eating and my gut is reacting badly.  Going to have to try some sort of elimination diet to try and find what is doing it.  Not really sure where to start as yesterday I ate clean all day, no starchy carbs, no dairy, no wheat, etc and still all kinds of problems.  If anyone has any idea how to do this, please let me know. Sticking to just clean eating again with no usual culprits that cause sensitivity issues in people and go from there.

B - 2 hard poached eggs

S - few strawberries

L - grilled chicken, green salad 

D - grilled pork chop, roasted veggies

Karen M.
on 5/20/15 4:09 am - Mississauga, Canada

Is it possible that you have some sort of stomach "bug"? Or a touch of food poisoning?

As for the elimination diet, I think they usually recommend a couple of weeks of cutting a huge amount of choices out - if something is getting to your system, you'll likely need more than a day to get it out of your system altogether. Gluten, lactose, nuts/seeds, citrus, eggs seem to be the first things eliminated but I know you've already mostly cut dairy out for quite some time. When I was recovering from a bowel obstruction, I was sent home from the hospital with an extremely bland menu - no fruit, no veg other than potato, basically a "white diet" (which of course was completely against WLS "rules").

Hope you get it figured out!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/15 4:18 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I thought bug at first but it's been months now.  Actually it's been really bad since end of January after my surgery. I know he had the pull the bowel out of the hernia to repair it so I was just thinking my bowel was angry from being manhandled but that was months and months ago. I know the bland diet you mean and I'd be in a carb coma in no time eating that way.  I think I'll pick a menu and eat it daily for a week and see and change nothing. I even did the Activia Challenge to see if that would help and nothing.

birdiegirl
on 5/20/15 4:26 am

Agree this has been going on a long time.  How about calling Sudbury and talking to them?  Wondering if some kind of bacteria or something got in your gut during surgery?

Patm
on 5/20/15 8:12 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I was thinking of you when they mentioned snow up north. This is why wimps like me live further south

Hope you find out what is causing your issues

birdiegirl
on 5/20/15 4:25 am

RNY  6 Years 1 Month Post op

Morning

I was up for a few hours in the night - thought of posting my eats at that point but didn't want to wake myself completely.  Thankfully I can always find some law and order reruns in the night.

Had a great party yesterday - but glad that's over too.  Too much restaurant food this week! 

Heading to a doctors appointment with a friend that will take many hours - then off to a lakeside restaurant for dinner with other friends.  Will bring my woolies as we are determined to sit outside.

STEPS - 18,856

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 6 PC Blue Menu lean italian meatballs

1/2 cup of tomato sauce

1 oz shaved parmesan

D - 5 oz white fish

roasted veggies

1 hot roll with 1 pat of butter

S - Source dessert yogurt with stewed splenda rhubarb - fibre one cereal - cool whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,037,  Carbs - 84 Grams,  Fat - 30 Grams,  Protein - 106 Grams

All water - all vits

Have a great one  

betony63
on 5/20/15 5:58 pm

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good if somewhat chilly day!

B - 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese, 1/2 cup peaches in water, 20 g. whole wheat crackers

L - chicken thigh, 1.5 T light sour cream with 1/2 t. blue cheese crumbles, baby carrots and grape tomatoes

S - Premiere protein drink

D - Chicken sausage with spinach and feta

S - 1 oz. gouda

GUELPH. Referral: Dec 6/13. Orientation: Mar 6/14, Post-op Diet Class: Sept 22/14, Meeting with Surgeon: Dec 2/14, Surgery: Jan 22/15

mum2TNT
on 5/20/15 7:03 pm - Oshawa, Canada

3 weeks post op

went for my 3 week appt with my amazing surgeon, Dr. Starr.  I mentioned I had had soup and 1 cup at a time and was concerned....he told me not to be at all, that I am doing great and continue doing what I am doing but if it is bothering me to cut it back.  I told him I feel best eating 700-800 calories and he said thats good!  So he really put my mind at ease.  I see him again in 3 months and he gave me a doctors note for a total of 8 weeks off WOOT WOOT

_________________________________________________________________________________________

B ~ decaf tea with milk & sweetener,  protein shake

S ~ s/f cherry kool aid

L ~ 1/2 a cheese, bacon and onion omelette at restaurant

S ~ s/f cherry kool aid

D ~ 2 wedges jalapeno laughing cow, 4 saltines

S ~ very cherry no sugar fruit cup with cool whip

all vits and 1.5 litre of water ( sipping all day long!)

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are: 

Calories - 668,  Carbs - 30 Grams,  Fat - 27 Grams,  Protein - 80 Grams

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Patm
on 5/20/15 8:16 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Had issues with accessing the site today. First couldn't get on then couldn't post.

Swimming today then biking home. I hope it is a little warmer by the time I head home. Lots of frustration at work today so looking forward to swimming

b skim milk with protein+ shake

s banana, peanut butter

l chicken with thai sauce and kale salad

s baby bel

d tuna and kale salad

s cheese and crackers

cal 1270, carb 101 prot 94

new_me180
on 5/20/15 8:44 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all. It's cold out there Karen. I couldn't sleep because i was so cold despite me having on socks, a hoodie and long pants on. Actually, i was wondering if any of you ladies have had any numbness in your fingers? Since Sunday, i noticed my left thumb, index and middle finger are numb. It feels like when you sit wrong and the numbness and tingling is going away but not quite. I've been moving and massaging them hoping it goes away, hope i don't have any neuropathy setting in or something.

18 months post op

B - veg frittata, slice dempsters thin

L - salad, 2oz hot chorizo

S - 1/4 cup mango, 2oz turkey flakes

D - liver and onions, roast potato

S - liver and onions, cappuccino 

totals: 795 calories, 44 carbs, 30 fat, 87 protein

Hope everyone has a good day, Nia.

Most Active
Recent Topics