What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

Karen M.
on 9/24/15 3:49 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning and Happy Friday Junior!

I've been MIA for a couple of days - work is nuts, studying, other assorted time-takers, and I feel out of touch with you guys :/

Off to work for the day, have to hit the coffee store at lunch to replenish my stash, Costco after work, and then finally home for dinner and an early night. 

9.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - GNC Total Lean (banana)

S - Source Greek (peach), a few green grapes (since my fridge is full of them!)

L - small whole wheat tortilla stuffed with tuna salad, lettuce, pickle on the side

S - same as morning snack (my yogurts are about to expire lol)

D - 4 oz leftover BBQ steak repurposed into beef-and-broccoli with toasted almonds and mushrooms

S - likely just coffee or tea

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

ntensegirl
on 9/24/15 3:57 am - napanee, Canada
RNY on 10/06/15

Hello everyone...its **** day...So.Happy.It's.Thursday.  so tomorrow and then I'll only have one more week of work.  it is 11 days until my surgery WOOT WOOT!!!

so I guess my menu is going to sound like a broken record..but here it goes:

B-chocolate opti with caramel syrup

L-chocolate opti with vanilla syrup (see how I changed that up ;) )

S-chocolate opti with whatever I have at home that seems appealing

D-beef broth (with onion and garlic powder), cucumber (not in the broth), and a celery stick 

S-vanilla opti with cherry dasani

Hope everyone has a most wonderful day :)

Amy

crqvingchange
on 9/24/15 4:07 am

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a good day in terms of having lots of energy.  I was able to accomplish quite a bit, I even swept the sidewalk in front of my house, lol.  Today I think I will do some gardening after swimming, I may be visiting a friend, but not sure yet, more household cleanup and then like Karen an early night with DH.

1 year 2 months post op

B. Large decaf protein coffee

S. Large skinny latte

L. Smoked salmon and chive cream cheese rollups on cucumber "crackers"

S. Another large decaf coffee

D. Chicken sausage and peppers and mushrooms, Greek salad

S. More of what I had for lunch 

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 9/25/15 3:37 am - Mississauga, Canada

**** Day - I LOVE that!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 9/24/15 4:33 am

Good day everyone.  Made a few unhealthy choices yesterday, back on track this morning with packed lunch and snacks.  Anyone read the article "I made goal, why am I still not happy?", I found it really insightful.  It comes up when you go to the oh homepage.  It sums up how I have been feeling lately. Not that I feel depressed, just not happy at times, and weight loss does not "fix" that.  I knew that of coarse but the process seems so magical it is easy to think that it will magically solve your emotional issues too.  Ok so I am rambling. Lol

13 months post op

b - gnc lean protein shake, decaf coffee

s - 1/2 c plain greek yogurt with 1 tbsp sunflower seeds and 2 tbsp fresh strawberries

l - 1/2 cup lentils and onions, later..,sf fruit punch

s - 1/8 cup whole walnuts with 6 grapes (a la Karen), later...decaf coffee

d - sf cherry koolaid, homemade beef and black soy bean chilli with cucumber slices

s - 1/2 protein bar while at singing

all water and vits, have a nice day everyone!

crqvingchange
on 9/24/15 7:07 am

Good article Zizzler but how to identify what the roots are and what to do about them

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Roma
on 9/24/15 7:34 am
RNY on 06/15/15

I really loved that article too. 

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

new_me180
on 9/24/15 2:14 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Funny, that's how i feel some days. I got to goal and lost a few more and i was still not happy. Somedays, i love myself and others not. I don't even think i know whats bothering me sometimes. One of my reasons to having weight loss surgery was to find a partner and have a family of my own and that still hasn't happened and honestly feel discouraged that this was all for naught. Then there's other days when i love myself and i cannot get enough of myself. I'm still searching for inner peace and although my weight was a hinderance before health wise, now that i've achieved a healthy weight, WHAT NOW??? I do no regret my surgery but, i still searching for me.

Zizzler
on 9/24/15 6:34 pm

Hey new_me 180, I feel similarly.  I am not at my ultimate goal weight, which is 140, but I have exceeded the goal set by my centre and am no longer obese, which was the most important thing for me.  I often wonder "now what"? too, I thought this surgery would make my life somehow better overall, and what it actually does is improve my mobility and health, everything else is still a struggle, I still have days where nothing seems to go right, and its hard to accept that this will probably never change.  I feel I am the same person and I like myself but now that reality is setting in it more challenging.

Karen M.
on 9/25/15 3:38 am - Mississauga, Canada
Most Active
Recent Topics