2 yrs out

new_me180
on 10/24/15 8:12 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Today is my 2nd surgiversary and i'm so happy with my decision to have RNY, that there's never been a day i regretted it. The first year was hard. In and out of the hospital, two more surgeries after that and i remember at my one yr appointment, i was balling my eyes out at the doctors office because i was feeling so sick. Now i'm all fixed up and feel wonderful. Although i have a saggy bod, long boobs and less hair, i'd do this again in a heart beat. I went back to school, found a part time job and living life again. Walking is no longer a chore and i have to remind myself to rest because i can go all day long.

This has to be the hardest thing i've done in my life, taking control of my health. It's hard and it takes a lot of work and difficult at times but i take it one day at a time. I still have days where i feel like i'm a newby because everyday i learn something new. I've had more "fat" days at 175b than at 407lb and that's something i need to work on. Now that i'm taking care of my health and making me number one priority, I FEEL BLOODY AWESOME!!! Best decision of my life.

All newby's hang in there, this is one of the best rides of your lives. Thanks to all those people who supported me and have continued to do so. Lots of xoxoxo.

Nia.

B-Trix123
on 10/24/15 10:44 am - Toronto, Canada

Thanks for these encouraging words -- 10 weeks post op and feeling defeated by the dehydration dizziness and frigging constipation. Your words will help me keep my eye on the prize!

new_me180
on 10/24/15 10:47 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Hang in there Trixie, it gets better. I had all that in the first 3 weeks and some. I never thought i'd be where i am today.

MonaLisaSmile
on 10/24/15 2:15 pm - Canada

Congratulations Nia!!!!!

What a great post!!!! I wish you a lifetime of happiness !!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

new_me180
on 10/24/15 2:56 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thank you

crqvingchange
on 10/24/15 6:21 pm

Nia you are the little engine that could. You never gave up even when you were dealt some pretty tough blows. You have reinvented yourself and I can't wait to follow your continuing success. I know this is a lifelong journey, but you are courageous, funny, kind, tenacious, inspirational, basically all that and a bag of chips. I am fortunate to have had few complications with my WLS, but seeing you overcome yours has made me grateful, inspired, and fortunate to have you in my support corner. You have come so far in a year, I am awed.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

new_me180
on 10/24/15 7:47 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thank you for your kind words CC. You've been one of my many pillars of strength and inspiration, always there when i needed someone to talk to or vent. I'm grateful to have you in my life. May both our health and success continue for a long time.

Patm
on 10/25/15 6:29 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations. You have done great and continued to be positive. I wish you continued success

new_me180
on 10/25/15 7:18 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks Pat. You've been awesome.

Zizzler
on 10/26/15 1:08 pm

Congratulations on your 2 year surgiversary! You have made so many changes to improve you life, you should be very proud of yourself. As you said the hardest part is the brain stuff, how we think about and react to things, it is so tricky. I still add a little pb to my protein oat bran btw, that was an awesome tip! All the best to you as you start your new year.

Most Active
Recent Topics