Moving forward

613Nan
on 11/19/15 8:46 am - Canada

Well I have my presurgical class booked in Kingston for Nov 25.  I will be having my surgery at Toronto East.  Any words of advice?

Its great to share with people who understand your excitement, nervousness and the whole situation.  Thanks for being here.

613 Nan

RNY Surgery SW 225 Referred June 1/15; Orientation July 9/15; SW/Dietician Aug 26/15; 2nd Dietician Oct 9/15; Internist Oct 26/15; Colonscopy and Endoscopy October 22/15; Pre surgery class Nov 25/15;Surgeon TBD Surgery TBD

B-Trix123
on 11/19/15 12:38 pm - Toronto, Canada

Spend this time getting your ducks in a row for when you come home from hospital -- vitamins, protein drinks should be purchased in advance, the day before you go in -- buy perishable items on your diet. If you need new bathroom or kitchen scales (I bought Ozeri scales on Amazon.ca) --- now would be a good time to take care of that too IMO. If you don't have a good water bottle - add that to your shopping list along with a 2L container to keep your day's allotment in.

Lots of info about what to bring to the hosp if you search "What to pack" so I won't retype here. Some have a tendency to over-pack. Make sure you have earplugs. When they give you prescriptions at discharge -- don't fill them at the hospital. There are repeats -- so use your local pharmacy.

I had my surgery at TEGH in August w/ Dr. Cyriac. No post op pain! Denise the nursing assistant will do anything she can to make you comfortable. Wish I could have brought her home with me!

613Nan
on 11/19/15 12:58 pm - Canada

Thanks so much for this good advice.  It helps to know that this is the time to really start preparing in earnest.

I am just guessing but I would think I won't get my surgery appointment before Christmas?? But I am thinking that I better get everything organized as it will be pretty soon after Christmas.

Seems like so much to do.  I have a good kitchen and bathroom scale so ok there.  My husband is really good about helping so I will get my food prepped but he will help.

I'm getting very excited and nervous as things are really starting to move quickly.  I know that this is not news to any of you cause I think we all go through the same emotions as it gets closer.  I am learning lots here and I appreciate the honest personal disclosures that people make on the forum.

Hope everyone is having a good day. 

613 Nan

RNY Surgery SW 225 Referred June 1/15; Orientation July 9/15; SW/Dietician Aug 26/15; 2nd Dietician Oct 9/15; Internist Oct 26/15; Colonscopy and Endoscopy October 22/15; Pre surgery class Nov 25/15;Surgeon TBD Surgery TBD

Most Active
Recent Topics