Feeling good

Herecomeshealth
on 12/28/15 3:46 pm

When I decided I wanted gastric bypass my goal was to feel better. I was not much more specific than that, at least outwardly. Inwardly I was hoping to lose 250lbs. I figured I would be content with 200. Well it feels pretty good to post that today the scale reports 202 in the loss column. I started Opti January 2nd this year. That was the beginning and I suspect the best best is yet to come. I still have feeling good as the primary goal. I can say I woke up post opt and felt good and that feeling has only gotten better. 

To me feel good meant physically, less pain more mobile. I would not have described myself as not feeling good emotionally. Given how much better I feel, I think I may not have been as happy as I thought. At any rate this has been a fantastic experience. The new clothes, the new activities and best of all I have met some pretty cool people at various stages of this journey.

Not sure what has gotten into me tonight but I just wanted to share.

roxytrim
on 12/28/15 4:53 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

I hear ya on the "I think I may not have been as happy as I thought".  When I completed the bariatric intake forms and answered the questions about depression in the negative...no I don't suffer.   By the time I was 8 months out from surgery I realised that yes - I do think in hindsite that I was getting deeper into depression, and the cause was my MO.

It is hard to see the forest for the trees, sometimes you just have to cut a few down.

Thanks for bringing this up. It seems so long ago and far far away, but it was real  "I think I may not have been as happy as I thought"

joeyanne
on 12/29/15 11:37 am - Canada

Congrat's on your weight loss what a ride it is watching the weight come off.

Your right your whole mindset change's and you start to see your self in a diff light. It's nice that we can enjoy both looking better and feeling healthier and not feeling bad about it. And as you said ohhhhh the new clothes.

REF Nov 28/13. INFO Mar 10/14. SOHI Apr 11/14. R.N,DIETITIAN and DR GLAZIER Jun 23/14. SW Jul 17/14. SOHI Jul 25/14. SURGERY Oct 10/14

Patm
on 12/29/15 12:59 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations you have done fantastic. Keep up the great work

Karen M.
on 1/1/16 8:11 am - Mississauga, Canada

To say that I'm thrilled reading this from you is a huge understatement. I could not be happier for you, friend. You are a phenomenal, beautiful person inside and out. The incredible changes each time I see you have been nothing short of awesome.

My very best wishes to you in 2016 - I'm so happy to call you my friend.

XOXOXO

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics