Appointments Question

Carchick28
on 1/5/16 4:59 am - Canada

Is it normal to have the surgeon appointment before the trio appointments at Humber?  I meet with Dr. Hagan at the end of the month and then the other 3 in February.  It seems unclear here whether or not this is standard practice.

need_to_run_81
on 1/5/16 5:49 am

Hi Carchick!

This is standard practice for HRRH.  

Meet the surgeon, trio appointments, then once you're done those your surgeon's office will call you wish dates for your surgery, and you'll also have an appointment with the internist (Dr. Glazer) after the trio but before surgery.  

The surgeon will explain the surgery, and talk about the risks of having it vs not, and will see if you have any questions - and then you decide to go from there to your trio appointments.  

Thats what I remember from HRRH when I did the process there!

HKT53
on 1/5/16 6:06 am - Toronto, Canada

Just like need to run 81...that was also with me at HRH. So, did you like Dr. Hagan?

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

Carchick28
on 1/5/16 7:59 am - Canada

I have not met him yet but I hear nothing but good things about him so we will see what happens. 

7mins2midnite
on 1/5/16 7:34 am

Good Morning to All...Just curious after reading this I have seen Dr Klein but I have My appt with Dr Glazer one week before my trio, when Ive been reading that the internist is seen after the trio..will this prolong anything...meaning will my appt be deferred until I see the three...Any input would be appreciated and have a great day :)

Carchick28
on 1/5/16 7:54 am - Canada

In speaking with the people at Dr. Glazer's office she did mention to me that you do not want your appointment with him too close to the trio appointments otherwise you may have to see him a second time.  But if they arranged this for you there could be a reason why.  You could always call his office find out what would be best.

need_to_run_81
on 1/5/16 9:07 am

If I remember correctly you have to see Dr. Glazer within 6 months of your surgery, so should you meet your trio and have any redo's, you may have to see him again by the time your surgery is scheduled. That would be the O my problem I can think of. 

Carchick28
on 1/5/16 7:58 am - Canada

Thanks for the responses.  That is what I thought but there are times I read otherwise and sometimes it is not always clear at which centre people are referring to.  I actually transferred over from the Medical program to the surgical.  I did orientation in December 2014 and at that time I was not ready for surgery and thought I would try the Medical (non-opti) program.  I did loose weight but it was really no different for me than what I would have done going to weigh****chers but I needed to try it.  I then decided that if this was going to happen surgery would need to happen.  It took me some time to get my head in the game but it is now and I am glad I made the decision.  Although it still scares the crap out of me but I know I can deal with it with the right supports.  This place is one place that I find some of that support.  Thanks everyone. 

marielewis
on 1/5/16 2:10 pm

I met dr Klein in October did my trio in Nivember and have to go back Thursday to see the social worker and the deitian.  And I'm seeing dr Glazier on Thursday 

fingers crossed I'm almost there 

Most Active
Recent Topics