fast food frenzy

leeann73
on 7/19/16 1:42 pm

Hello everyone

I have my orientation next Monday.  I don't know what my problem is but I am going through almost every drive thru that I can ... eating horribly .... maybe I am nervous ... I am just at the 41 BMI with no other health problems so I guess I am worried that they will deny me .... I just want this over - I want to be assured that I am good to go - I want to know when all of my appointments are and when my surgery is ... I know I have to be patient but my lack of patience and rationality is how I got to where I am .... anyone else feel that they went on a long term binge once they started this process?  I feel like I have until Monday to eat and then I have to be accountable ... not great I know

thanks for listening to my rant.

MonaLisaSmile
on 7/19/16 1:47 pm - Canada

Lol.....I did the same thing!!!!

I knew I was in the low 40's bmi wise, that combined with the looming reality that my fast food days were numbered made me want to hit every one in sight.

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Lovely_Caprice
on 7/19/16 1:51 pm

Welcome to the forum.  It is a long process - you will not got all of your appointment at the orientation.  It took about 1 year for me to go through the process.  It started, July 2016 and my RnY is scheduled on 9 September.  I think feeling "OMG this is it" is common.

Good Luck!

wiccandove
on 7/19/16 2:39 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

Did the same thing! Once my appointments started rolling along I suddenly felt like I had to eat "all the things". Don't miss it at all now tho :)

Ginnny
on 7/20/16 4:27 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I can't say that I went through that.  I started the process with a BMI just under 40 (39.8 or something like that) so borderline, with only 1 real comorbidity (high BP).

I started in August, and by January I had lost 18 lbs.  Yes it lowered my BMI, and when I met the surgeon he mentioned it was on the low side for acceptance (36. something), but they go from when you start the process.

If you gain weight while you are going through the assessment/appointment process you run the risk of not being accepted also.

Lose the fast food now, it will make things easier for you.

I'm down 71 lbs since August 2015 (surgery was April 2016).

Patm
on 7/20/16 6:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Try to figure out why you are doing this. If it is food funeral not quite so bad. If you are doing it due to stress then try to find another way to deal with it. After the surgery you should not be doing this but if it is a way you cope you will want to do it. This can lead to sabotaging your progress.

You will always have stress. Try to start working on how to handle it now

Most Active
Recent Topics