Soo frustrated!!

LouiseEM
on 8/18/17 6:33 am

I just need to vent.

I had my pre-op appointment Wednesday. I was basically treated like a number. This was my first ever visit to this clinic, and I am aware of how crazy busy they are.

The nurse called me in, (I am assuming she was a nurse, however since she never introduced herself, I honestly have no idea) weighed me, and then left me sitting with a bp cuff on my arm while the machine took a few readings. (No big deal). Then took me to a little room and told me to take off my shirt and bra. No conversation, no explanation, just strip. (ok.... so I did of course, I was assuming she knew what she was doing). So I'm standing there, holding my boobs (because yanno we haven't even been introduced yet) and she tells me to get on the table. (ok fine.. still holding my naked chest with no idea what we are doing) At this point I am really hoping for a gown, or a sheet or something because I'm self conscious with clothing on. At this point she tells me to move my arms and starts sticking tabs on me. (Ok I figured out what we are doing since there's a machine with leads and such, fair enough). She proceeds to put stickies all over, including moving my left breast to put stickies under it. (Still never introduced here, or giving a "we are doing this today"). All done and she's basically still ignoring me, I had to ask if I could put my clothes back on, and if we are done. "Yes, go back to the waiting room" .... Ok....

Thankfully the doctor was really nice and the rest of the appointment was good. I get the thumbs up! Good to see about booking my surgery! YAY! So of course I call from the parking lot as I'm super excited. Now the Surgeon's office "Oh there's alot of patients here right now, can you call back tomorrow between 8:30am and 4:30pm?" Me: "uh.. ok... ". No, can I get your name and number, I will call you back with a surgery date?. Ok they're busy... I get it. So I called back the next morning, and I get "Uh yeah I'm working on a few things, I will call you back later today." (This time she gets my name and number). Why did you ask me to call?!?!?! So I wait with bated breath, all day. Finally see the doc's number on my phone around 3pm. However I am at work... I answer it anyway, because I need this arranged. She's humming and hawing about dates, and says it looks like we're booking in December... WHAT?! At this point, some patients come into my work, and I have to hang up.. It's my turn to say "I'll call you back" however, I don't get finished with them until 4:30. 4:33pm I call.. and of course they're closed for the day... >.

Referral: Dec 2016 Orientation: Feb 2017 @ Humber River; Meet the Surgeon: Dr. Starr Apr 12/17; RD, RN, SW: July 12/2017; Pre-Op: Dr. Glazer Aug 16/17; Opti Start Date: Aug 26/17; Meet the NEW Surgeon: Dr. Huynh Sept 7/17; Surgery Date: Sept 15/17

HW 332 CW 306 GW 165

rce884
on 8/18/17 6:38 am
RNY on 09/05/17

That sounds really frustrating. where is your clinic? I am glad your doctor was nice.

Don't worry about it being in December it is always backed up this time of year. try to put your name on a waiting list if you are in a hurry. but you will find December comes fairly quickly.

hopefully today you will talk to someone and you will get some answers.

Good luck

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/17 7:54 am
RNY on 03/26/17

What a **** show!!! Not professional at all!! Sorry you had to go through all that! Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for the rest of your surgical journey. All the best, Sonja

osamajanabi
on 8/18/17 8:12 am
VSG on 08/22/17

Hi Louise,

i had to wait for my pre-op appointment for 3 months and later they give me a date for surgery after another 3 months (22nd of Aug), i was frustrated and boiling , I almost decided to travel abroad to do it and get this waiting game over, but then i said everything happens for a good reason.

I am sorry to hear that the pre op was not comfortable but keep your eyes locked on the prize at the finish line and don't think about the what has passed...its gone ( its just another bump in our roller coaster ride )...

good luck and hope its smooth sailing from now...

Sam

oneatatime
on 8/18/17 10:14 am
RNY on 09/01/17

I'm sorry to hear that was your experience, Louise. That sounds awful and regardless of what was going on for that nurse (we assume) that day, or how many patients she sees or procedures she does, I think it's so unforgivable and unfortunate that they forget this is new for each individual, and that we are each individuals with feelings, fears and concerns. It sounds like she is ill suited to work in bariatrics, where compassion and understanding should reign.

Hopefully you will find nothing but love and compassion through the rest of your journey.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

leeann73
on 8/18/17 11:05 am

It does not seem this way now and I know this is of little comfort, but before you know it, it will be done and you will barely remember how you feel right now because you will be so in love with your new life and your better health. Keep your chin up. You will get there.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Linda M.
on 8/18/17 12:14 pm - Orillia, Canada

Jeez Louise - lol (just had to say it).

There are indeed bumps in the road, some who are kind and professional, and others who are not. Be your own best facilitator and if you aren't being treated well, nicely stand up for yourself.

Sometimes we don't get mad until after the fact. And that makes me mad ... lol.

Life is good and all we can do is control our reactions to the ninnys.

Linda

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/17 6:57 pm

I hate that! So not good- sorry!

Most Active
Recent Topics