How to Fund Plastic Surgery in Canada

VioletFemme
on 11/13/18 4:48 pm - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

Are there medical loan companies in Canada? Anyone have experiences with them?

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

Ginnny
on 11/14/18 5:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I believe some of the Plastics Clinics do have finance plans, but sorry I have no experience with them.

You will just have to do some research. Very few plastics procedures are covered by OHIP.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

DreamBigLiveHappy
on 11/14/18 7:39 am

I've heard about Dr. Robert Inman through Credit Valley Hospital. He's the Chief of Plastic Surgery there. He does free consultations and also has financing available. Good luck

sk8muffsmom
on 11/16/18 7:52 am - Canada

Medicard is a company that will give you a loan for your plastic surgery. Most plastic surgeons will have the info you need. The interest rates are rather high, so I believe you would be better off using a line of credit. Also, try and see a plastic surgeons that works with OHIP and possibly get some pre- approval coverage ( its not a lot) if you meet a certain criteria and then just pay the up-charges. I had some of my plastics covered in 2014. ( after a 100lb + weight loss) I used Dr.M.Elahi and am very happy with my results. Good Luck

VioletFemme
on 11/18/18 12:56 pm, edited 11/18/18 9:08 pm - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

What are Medicard's interest rates? I'm assume it would be based on your credit score. I'm sure someone with a 750 credit score is paying less than someone with a 680.

What surgeries did you get covered? Also, if you get a surgery covered by OHIP (say a panni) and you play to get other surgeries paid for out of pocket, can the anesthesia (which I assume will be more since you'll out of it longer due to having other procedures) and other fees covered by OHIP?

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

sk8muffsmom
on 11/18/18 6:21 pm - Canada

Not really sure what Medicards interest rates are and how the interest rate is calculated. I'm sure if you googled you could get an idea......

As for me in 2014, I had a OHIP covered panniculectomy,muscle repair( due to a large hernia) and a bilateral breast reduction. I only paid out of pocket for my liposuction. I don't know how hospitals price out the extra charges for upgrades. Also, ask your Family Dr. for a referral this way you don't have to pay for your consultation.

lexxiblue
on 12/13/18 4:14 am
RNY on 01/11/12

most P/S have financing available!! Check out Michael Kreidstein in Scarborough..he is AMAZING!! and had excellent bed side manners!!! Did an awesome job on me!!

Most Active
Recent Topics