What are you eating/doing Tuesday?

Ginnny
on 2/5/19 5:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hello Menu Makers! How are we all doing today? Well I feel like I wasted my time at the sports medicine clinic. I was in and out in 10 mins with a prescription for physio and to come back in 6 weeks. Really? How does that fix the damage that is in the inside of my knee? However when I got home I got a call from my family doctor - she finally go the report from my xray a week ago and she is referring me for an Ortho Consult. I kind of thought the Dr from Fowler Kennedy would do that but he didn't seem too interested. Told me to take Advil and don't do any strenuous exercise until I see him in six weeks. Clearly he didn't even bother to read the questionnaire I filled out when I got there because the first question tells him I can't take NSAIDs. Not much faith in him so I will wait for the consult. All three compartments of my knee are damaged. It grinds and clicks and he could feel that when he bent it. Told me it shouldn't do that. D'uh.

Anyway, I guess my exercise will be all upper body for a while, I might get into the pool - but I'm not going to worry too much about it until after my vacation (Feb 20)

B - sausage egg cup

S - skry with pineapple (didn't eat it yesterday - but I have a site visit at 10:00 this a.m. so might not get it again today)

L - chicken taco bake - didn't turn out like I thought but used a lot of chicken so I will eat it up. It has the consistency of a dip more than a "bake"

S - turkey, cucumbers

D - pork stirfry - no rice.

Have a great day everyone!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

wrkinprogress
on 2/5/19 9:59 am

Wow! NOT the news I wanted to hear you coming back with today Ginny. You would think a sports medicine clinic would be thorough but apparently not! Mannnn I think I would have had to do a little stress relief workout after that visit. Let's hope the Ortho consult gets you some answers and relief!!

B - greek yogurt, boiled egg

S - turkey pepperette

L - 2 chicken skewers

S - 1/2 protein shake

D - Egg skillet (egg, bacon, mushrooms, swiss cheese or parm)

S - 1/2 protein shake

Be careful on the roads,,,, Ice is in the forecast!

Ginnny
on 2/5/19 10:49 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I'm used to doing so much cardio it's hard to get motivated to go and just do weights. I'll have to think of ways to change things up. A good thing I suppose is that I won't have to go as early since I don't use time for cardio.

crqvingchange
on 2/5/19 10:07 am

Ginny that is frustrating. I hope the ortho can do something to help. Don't you just want to lay into people when they don't even read your file and give the standard answer. My husband doesn't like when I put my leg back in place and you hear a caclunk. It feels so much better when it isn't locked in a bent position.

Still down with some sort of plague I caught on the plane. Light headed, sore throat, creepy voice and tired, tired tired. I called the doctor's office and he is out on vacation, she said drink plenty of fluids and rest.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 2/5/19 10:55 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I'm sorry you're not feeling any better CC. I'm so glad your voice is temporary because when we talked on Sunday I was freaked out a little. You sure didn't sound like the picture I have!! LOL. Do you watch Big Bang Theory? All I could think of was that I was talking to Walowitz's mother!!! Sorry, I shouldn't poke fun! I got super sick one time in El Salvador. I couldn't find an english speaking person in the airport. Finally one shop keeper was able to understand (I hope) and gave me something for my throat and congestion! I hate to tell you but that bug lasted a real long time!!

Now about a week before I travel, I start taking Cold FX, the daily one that is supposed to be preventative and build your immune system. Seems to have worked the last couple of trips.

crqvingchange
on 2/5/19 1:49 pm

DH said I don't sound like Walowitz's mother, but I must say that I sound worse than I did on Sunday, lol.

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. When I get my normal voice back and I feel better, I will give you a call just so you don't feel the need to call an exorcist on me. Hopefully that will be before you head out on vacation.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics