Katie Gavin’s Posts

Katie Gavin
on 8/13/05 11:57 pm
Topic: RE: me again!
SO how is everyone??? Things with me are AMAZING! It is going to be6 months very soon! i am down 130lbs! i have really slowed down. my body will platue for a few weeks then give up 4-7 lbs! i have to start working out hard core i think to get it falling off again! people are telling me tht i need to stop loosing now but im like...um nope! im only at size 16....i want more to come off!!! im sure you all understand that! well i should jet. I will try to write more! life is crazy with work and social life! ya! i have one! take care and i will catch up with ya'lll latter! KATE
Katie Gavin
on 8/2/05 9:55 am
Topic: RE: Hello!
Hey everyone! once again..i am so sorry for not writting more offen!!! life is nuts! ok so!!! i am down 125 lbs!yep in 5 months! crazy! life so changed forever!!! if you check out my page thing i have new pics up!!! well im off i will try to write more!!! how everyone is good! kate
Katie Gavin
on 6/30/05 12:00 am
Topic: RE: Hey ya'll
Hey Lora! i have sent pics in but they are not up yet! i hope i did them right! but i am a 16 18 from a 26 so ya i cant wait till the pics get up! bye kate
Katie Gavin
on 6/29/05 12:08 am
Topic: RE: Hey ya'll
Just waneted to pop on and say hello! everything is going so well! I cant wait to weigh myself today at work! last time, a week ago i had lost 105 lbs! but this is how it has been going! i will platu for a week or 2 then in a weeek loose like 15 lbs! my body is holding on to the weight as long as it can then it has to let go i guess!!! i really dont mind at all!! hehehe um i had to cut my hair! it was long and with it thinning out i really felt i had to chop it! but i lkove it. its the flippy cut just above the sholders! LOVE!! ya so i will write again when i weigh myself!! bye bye! kate
Katie Gavin
on 6/27/05 1:59 pm
Topic: RE: sometimes this board gets a little energy
Hey!!!! sorry about the lack of posting for real!!! life is crazy!! but ya! still loosing and loveing it! i tryed to put more pics up but it is not working for me! o well!!! i will try to be on more! heheh kate
Katie Gavin
on 6/18/05 1:10 pm
Topic: RE: Your all not going to believe this!
SO first!!! i am so sorry about sucking with the updates!! life has been crazy!!! ok are you all ready! you may wantt o sit! I have lost 105 lbs! ya in 4 months! ya nuts! i can not believe it! the trip has been wild i have puked 1 time! and that is it! i ahve been eating! not enough but i am eating! ok and i am just hitting the hair fallingout stage! so i cut it to my sholders! but hey!!!!! im a size 18! form snug 26! go do it! dont let the fear stop you! life is so beautiful! i really feel like i have been given a second chance!! to live a healthy life! ok i have to jet iw ill try and be a better encourager to you all! bye bye kate
Katie Gavin
on 5/15/05 11:28 pm
Topic: RE: hey!
Hello everyone!!! i am so sorryi have not been around! i just moved into my new place and wow it has been crazy!!!! how is everyone! so 2 days ago it was 3 months post op for me!!!!! ya im down 75lbs!!! nuts! for real! a new Katie! I love Dr. Hagen!!! hehehe I got my blood work done and the only think i am low in is iron so i am upping to 2 pills a day! everything else is great!!!! wow this is relly a new life! new apartment, new Man! life is crazy but great! hope your all doing well and i will talk to you all latter! kate
Katie Gavin
on 4/22/05 3:28 pm
Topic: RE: I cant explain!!!
ok so i am moving! and i got all of my crap out of storage to pack! and well i cam accross the 4 tubs full of cloths that were to tight to wair!!!! there are only a handful of things that i can wair and it will only be a few weeks that they will look ok! after that they will look slopp!!! the rest! and there was alot are going to the salvation army!!!!un real! i felt like on of the chicks on the comercials! soon i will be in one leg of me pants! it is unbelievable! it is 2 months and it is so drastic! if there is anyone out ther questioning this surgery!!!!!! just know that it was the best thing i have EVER done! i dotn crave, or get hungry, or want to cheat!! it is easy!!! im sorry if there are pep's other there who are haveing a hard time and wanting to fall back to your old ways!!! i am not one!! i love my new life, my new body and new look at life!!!!! amazing! just some thoughts! kate
Katie Gavin
on 4/19/05 4:09 am
Topic: RE: So!!!!!!
Ok so i i just got home from shopping!!! yes shopping!!! and i can not believe it!!!! i am fitting into cloths thati never thought possable!!!!! for real!!! i was in winners and i tried on this top! and jeans! i could not believe that it was me! OK! So the weight is comming off of everywhere! but i can see it the most in my upper body! like around my ribs, back, oh and my butt! for real this is the most amazing thing...... this surgery has given me another chance at life!!!!! hope you are all doing well! im trying to get another pic on my page but im having issues with it working!!!gerrrr! ok chat latter! kate
Katie Gavin
on 4/11/05 8:50 am
Topic: RE: second visit with Dr, Hagen!
hey all!!! im so sorry i have not been on!!!! but i went for my 2 month check up and i am down 57lbs!!!! i can not believe it!!for real!!! all of my cloths are to big!!!!i love it! i will be back latter to tell more! kate
Katie Gavin
on 4/3/05 1:38 pm
Topic: RE: welcome back katie!
Hello! y ai really dont have a prob with the not eating!!!! but im really atarting to feel it! light headed, weak, tired! im between 50 lbs and 57 lbs! it is going up and down between the 2! um!!vomiting!! onle once!!! but there have been a fewtimes that i have gone becasu ei thoought iwas going to but did not! ya! im really seeing the changes now! nice! well take care1 chat latter! kate
Katie Gavin
on 4/1/05 8:30 am
Topic: RE: HEy all!
HEllo! i am so sorry for not writting! work has been nuts! i am doing well...except im going through a "hate food" stage for realy guys..i can handle the tast of smell of anything!!! i eat every little becaues i feel sick.....i dont get it! it was going so well.....and drink....alll my body wants is water!!!! so im wondering if my body is refusing food becasue it knows all it needs right now i****er!!!! i dont get it!!!! but hey.. it might just be a stage! the weight is still falling off and im feeling great! its just food! oh and smells..when ismell food i feel sick somtimes!!! i have been sick for real only one a month ago! so ya! but im doing great!!! hope your all doing well! bye for now! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/24/05 9:27 pm
Topic: RE: hey ya'll
im so sorry i have not been writting....your going to laugh!!!!but i have met a guy! so i have been out more and working lots! but im doing so well.....the scale is going down and loving it! everyone can tell now. even me! ! i am going through a stage where im not eating....my body is craving water and that is all im takin gin...wheni put food to my mouth it just wont open!!!! i am always drinking water so im not worried!!!! well i hope your all going well chat latter! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/20/05 10:38 pm
Topic: RE: SUPPORT MEETING!!
hey ya tell me where and how to get there..im in if im not working! and if i am workin i will try and swich..i really wantt o come to one, just to hear how everyone is doing! and hear stories! chat latter! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/20/05 2:42 am
Topic: RE: SUPPORT MEETING!!
Hey Stacy!!! where is it? do you know?? i would really love to go if im not working!!!! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/17/05 10:54 pm
Topic: RE: Crushing meds???
Ok Stacey!!!!! NASTY EH!!! that was the hardest part for me!!!!!!!!! i mixed it with crystle light....very strong crystle light..... you could still taste it but it had a better taste..and plug the noes..i know its dumb but it works!!! also mixed it with my calcum...it was a strong berry flavour!!!! good luck with it!!!!! im taking pills now and im over a month..so ya you have a bit of time still!!! but keep with it!!!!!! so tell me everything!!1Dr Hagen is AMAZING EH!!!! he comes inand checks on you all the time!!!! he is wonderful!girl your in for a ride......i am down 40 lbs!!!!crazy eh!!!! i cant believe it! well ya tell me everything! are you feeling sick? are you sore??????ok i know the answer to that!!!! but you know! ya! keep thinkingof the hot summer dress!!!!!!! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/14/05 9:47 am
Topic: RE: Thank you and Just one more question??
Hello ! for me it was about 4-5 weeks and they send a fax to the dr *****fered you!!! and they will contact you!!! good luck... kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/13/05 8:49 pm
Topic: RE: One Month Already!!!!!
So i have to say..im am so happy that i made this choice... it took me long while to admit this and to truly believe it in my heart..but i do!!!!! and its strong!!!! a month has gone by, and so quickly at that!!! and my life has already changed.....yes i have lossed weight but its so much more then that...i am and was a very confedent person but somhow the confidence is changing...i feel like i did a few years ago when i was in college.....its nuts the change 30lbs can make on one's self! so ya..i cant even think of how im going to feel once it all comes off....and girls let me tell you...flirty!!!for real...i was not like that.heheh well since college!....and now its starting to comeout to play!!! its so funny!!! At work the other night they were making hamburgers and the smell made me feel sick...and that is not normal...burgers were my FAV!!!!!! so little things i am really pickingup on! if there is anyoneout there reconsidering or thinking should i really do this!!!!yes....it was the right thing for me to do..and if you are ready for a huge life style change...then do it!!!! Stacy... i know i just wrote you but i forgot to mention somthing...when you go down and you are in the OR waiting room...and you start to think.....i cant do it....becasue you probably will think what am i doing????? i think that everyone must have thoes thought at that seconed when the surgenes are comming out to take the people in.....just breath and remember that hot dress!!!! Good luck all! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/13/05 8:38 pm
Topic: RE: Down to 33 hours!!
AAAHHHHHH i so remember that place.....we are 1 month apart eh!!!!! exactly!!!! that is so funny!!! your at Humber River right.......now im not sure how they do the nurcing there but they may use the same people for the bypass people if you get a lady named Blanch..she is tinny but so good!!!!!!!! she is great!! Take the the last few hours and think about the summer....like what are you going to buy first......what will your "hot dress" look like!!! or bathing suit......keep thoes thoughts very close!! they will help you throught the next few days/weeks!!!!! heheheheh im so excited for you!!!! good luck and we will talk when your a loser! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/13/05 8:32 pm
Topic: RE: Recent Post-Ops with OHIP
Hello Mary lou.. i had my surgery inToronto and i am 1 month out tomorow! are you planning on staying in ontario???? if you are then there is no prob with OHIP.. if you meet the criteria from the surgen then that is it....you are covered..its like..if the dr orderes blood work, you dont think about it you just go..that is how it it with the weightloss surgery!!! now if your applying to the states then that is a diffrent story!!!! so let me know the rout your going..and if there are any questions, feel free to ask! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/13/05 9:00 am
Topic: RE: What Does OHIP cover now?
The way to do it so that you dont pay anything out of your pocket...is!!!!! apply for "Prior aproval for Out of country coverege" that is the form name. your Dr eill fill it out and send it to ohip then you wait if you are approved then you are done...you are covered. then you go and meet your Dr. done!!! but with alot more waiting! good luck! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/11/05 9:31 pm
Topic: RE: Consult getting closer!
Think and write down all the questions you have...i was told before iwent to do this becasue i would forget once i got there....i was like..."ok what ever" ya,i forgot all of them. but i have a written sheet in my bag! so that helped alot! um dont freak out, on the inside when he goes over the statistics, it will be easy to do. if you dont know the death rate, write me and i will tell you. only becasue if you hear it before, i think you will be able to process it before the apoinment and not stop thinking or hearing anything he says because that is the foucus....in my apoinment i had to struggle with my head to still listen to him, because i did know the death rate before.....um...be honest....ya! it will be great! good luck! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/11/05 9:26 pm
Topic: RE: Sick for the FIRST time!!!!
ya great eh!!!!! i was sick for the first time....at work! i really dont know what i did wrong... i was eating watermellon, like a cube or 2! then i hade tomato soup for luch...and it was only a few tea spoons and i could feel my pouch turnning...and then well you know! but it was not gross, or puke...an dit was not dumping! its hard to explain. and i was wondering if it would hurt at all, being sick and it did not...just for all you crazy people who like hearing about this stuff!!!!!!!! so i took it very easy for the rest of the day and today...we will see...its a new day!!!!!! ya'll have a good one! chat latter! kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/10/05 10:48 pm
Topic: RE: roux en y video
Hi!!!! if you are looking for a very good vidio of the surgery and the tools they will be useing...the carrnie Willson surgery is on the net as welll... go to spotlighthealth it is amazing.... kate
Katie Gavin
on 3/10/05 9:45 am
Topic: RE: SURVIVOR
the Blond chick from the crappy team..the one who does nothing!!!!! tha tis my guess!!!!!! kate
Most Active
Recent Topics