sweetpotato1959’s Posts

sweetpotato1959
on 4/19/22 4:54 am
sweetpotato1959
on 2/24/22 2:12 pm
Topic: RE: I am new, I am ready to get real help, but I have so many questions

Christa, Please look below my post to see info someone else has posted.. Hang in there. I had surgery that as an open surgery more than 25 years ago.. I have been close to goal for 23 years...( a couple of stressful times produced a gain, hen stress was relieved eight came down.. Now the surgeries are not as hard, they do require one jump through hoops- go thru a process to get . start counseling for depression now, and also do a diet diary.. You Must know where you are beginning.This is the first step.. begin to make changes one item at a time.You are worth the efforts that become the journey!

Denise
sweetpotato1959
on 1/24/22 10:01 am
Topic: RE: It's very sad

The opportunity exists- i only do this board.. watch some on you tube -not on surgery...Not on fakebook nor insta pot..

Post a question, a live issue, a true report not a link.

Wake up! This is an Online forum. computers are in every household and many of those who come to this board, even infrequently are available

sweetpotato1959
on 1/24/22 9:54 am
Topic: RE: I am new, I am ready to get real help, but I have so many questions

You have to do your research on what is available in your country.

Gaining information will help you regain control and CAN help with depression.

I suggest you begin with a totally truthful diet diary...to see where you are starting.. If you can write down yesterdays intake.

You have to begin where you are. No one can do this for you. You are worth the effort to begin the journey.

Other ideas:

tip do not drink any thing, or very tiny amounts with your main meal.

cut out all sugars, even artificial ones they make many people more hungry. Get on a good MVI,.. we have one that is in wally world marked "womens 50+", t is the best all around vitamin i have found..

consider intermittent fasting. you may need to approach it very slowly if you have blood sugar issues or PCOS.

Both my husband, who has not required WLS and i ( 25 years post op-an early surgery that is not done now.) are using this with success. go to you tube and put in search bar. "intermittent fasting".. to gain more information on how to begin and how to increase your ability...to fast for certain parts of the day...you control it, hours and days and do not have to do it daily for it to work.

Cut carbs to as close to 20-40/per day. as you can and increase your protein.

sweetpotato1959
on 1/24/22 9:36 am, edited 1/24/22 1:37 am
Topic: RE: Hair loss...

STOP the problem with nutrition. It commonly occurs as your zinc levels are depleted. use zinc lozenge, cold eze is a brand name, use one every other day til zinc gives an off taste to the berry flavored melts.

.. then about one time a week i will use a half to a whole lozenge.this is my maintanence method..

If/When it develops off taste remove the lozenge and save it for next week.This is a sign your level is up. you will see a difference within 10 days.(post op 25 years)

Denise
sweetpotato1959
on 1/14/19 8:08 pm
Topic: RE: Aching hips when sleeping new after Rny surgery

Islandgirl, did you try low dose of magnesium? muscles are in soft tissue. low level cramps will cause. as you have lost weight, it takes a long time for muscles to rebuild . magnesium and K2, one , taken daily. used in combination have been my best fix for hip pain. If you want to see if it works try 1-2 tablespoons of milk of mag... what ever you think yypur stomach will tolerate. ( laxative dose is 4-6)

sweetpotato1959
on 1/14/19 8:03 pm
Topic: RE: Aching hips when sleeping new after Rny surgery

Sunny,

lower back vertebrae out of alignment will cause this... to check that alignment lay on your back, no pillow,under shoulders or head.. on bed with knees flexed, knees bent to 90 degree. heels even, but not necessarily touching...if one knee is higher, back is out on that side. chiro showed me how to put in alignment.

take oppposite arm hook inner elbow behind the knee which is lower, rock back on bed clearing that hip . return to position... to set the alignment...give both legs a hug with both elbows hooked inside the bend of both legs and roll back to upper back.. again no pillow....

Atre you having muscle cramps? if so magnesium in citrate form would prob help. ( if you want to find out before buying mag citrate capsules...use a single dose of Milk of magnesia.. a dose of 2 tablespoon gives me relief from cramping within 15 min. It is hard for me to keeep mine up. and is one of my long standing problems.. I had tail bone injury from age 18, so often awaken to turn over. heating pad might help as well. If it is mineral problem try adding K2, which helps move minerals to proper place in body.

when i sit my backbone rubs everthing... have to have a very padded chair.. welcome to the club of discovering many body changes. Hope these things help...

sweetpotato1959
on 10/17/17 11:54 am
Topic: RE: Should I gain weight in order to get ohip surgery?

Raationalthinker1,

I had an obesity surgery i***** a hybrid+ some ones done now. I did not read every response you have been given, but did read several. There are several things to consider.

With weight under /around 200. I would not try to gain weight, This surgery is not for the uncommitted or wimps. It is a serious tool for those who are unable to correctly metabolize and or regain controls over the body..

Please continue to do research on your health issues..check for hormonal influences like poycystic ovaries,( a blood test)look at the symptoms to see if your weight gain started with puberty, have extra facial hair..etc..confer with your primary. , medications that are weight positive..ie the side effect is weight gain...insulin resistance.

Consider making lifestyle changes to impliment your short term goals...here are some things I did, and might be things you can use., don't buy anything but a small pizza, if that is your triggger, add extra vegs and protein to it, make it a thin and crispy crust or make own from healthy ingredients starting with a tortilla shell....maybe make one meal a nutrition shake w/ extra proteins.Experiment with several in small sizes til you find one you like ... Don't stock a bunch of it, your tastes may change. To get around this i often buy vanilla flavored and add a flavoring of some kind to it. an extract? unswt koolid mix? lots of options. it can be used to add protein to items that normally don't have much.. pancake craving?. make 2 and put in a scoop of protein powder in the batter, use coconut oil to replace other fats.Itnourishes the brain.use with scant amount of a fruit spread with only natural sugars.

There is a reason this surgery is set for morbidly obese people. It is not a fix all end all, of forever controlling your weight. . It requires a life long committment. I had polycystic ovaries,rheumatoid, lyme, insulin resistance,( w/bloodsugars documented as low as 20 on 2 hr post paradial.gaining 3lbs/mo on beans and tuna. metabolism study showed need of 60% reduction vs.expected rate.).It does not matter how fat you are when blood sugars plummeting like that, must eat..freq and small amounts.. I started with wt. of. 292 1/2 lbs, had to loose 50 lbs, to reduce size of liver to be safe, before surgery. also had multiple health issues, not quite yours, but similar in that I had to eat on frequent schedule, not a lot, but something. presently around 180. dropped as low as 149 for a day, the began building lots of muscle and gained and held 160 range for several years.

Remember weight control is subjective.. as your goals should be. find a place where you can be happy.., it sounds flip,( but not meant that way). give up what you need to to get there and maintain. You are individual.There is no one else with your exact needs/desires. This is what all have to do to maintain, whether they have had surgery or Not.

The meds you are on should be changed to weight negative ones, as much as possible, to not sabotage your efforts.

Know that the cravings you have can be managed with high B complex in sublingual forms.. takes about 3 days for mine to kick in...

Even after this long, I have trouble still getting meds in..(part of my surgery was gastric bypass with banding, pouch procedure(now about 5 oz) ,+, just no room to eat if I take a handful of pills. so must pick and choose what and when i take. Since surgery I require NO prescription meds, but take supplemnets ..natural iron w intrinsic, multi, mag, K+, and others usually intermittently as needed.

also consider your underlying health conditions. consider immune boosters, paracitic cleanses, liver and kidney cleanses, in natural options to boost your bodys ability to get rid of extra cells/ and breakdown from any toxins you are recieving incidentally..

should be sure to consider ,hormonal, chemical and antibiotic contaminations of your food supply...vegs/grains/meats. Some of these mimic natural hormones in the body and will prevent weight loss.

I do an elimination diet to try to check for my response ..lack of symptoms or increase in symptoms when i return to my normal food...

I hope these things give you additional thoughts consider as you press on your journey to being happy and content with your life... good luck. Know there are many here who will help, just as you have had many responses this time, will be here for your questions and there are many tools here to assist your implientation of your plan.

Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics