It's Friday Ladies! TGIF

seasheleyes
on 10/28/11 12:22 am - Manteca, CA
Laureen- I have a car that has the little tire light too- I can totally relate to your anxiety. I'm REALLY careful about tires now because of the rolling down the hill incident. But so you don't panic too much... my light came on a week or so ago and the tire place was inundated with people that had the lights on. The guy said that when the temp gets colder the sensors go crazy. My tires needed a little air, but the temp was the culprit.
poegirl100
on 10/28/11 2:01 am - Cibolo, TX
Good morning Cindi and my OFF sistas!

Cindi, I can sure relate to the head hunger on long car trips!  Have you tried listening to an audio book?  If I get involved in the story, it makes the time go by so much faster.  Have you thought about Cheerios?  Not too tasty, but you could just nibble on one at a time?

Not much going on here today.  I feel the blue funk trying to take over.  I just miss my husband so much.  I think it's the change in the weather.  This is snuggle weather and my snuggle bunny is halfway around the world.  I need to find something interesting to do today.

Had a long chat this morning with an old college friend who has been watching my WL progress and now wants to find out about WLS for herself.  It's funny to realize how closely those who know we've had surgery watch us.  Another old h.s. friend on FB is also very interested.  And some of my relatives are starting to make "how did you do it" noises.  The thing is, when you tell them you had gastric bypass, most of them have an intitial reaction of "no way, that's not for me".  If I was back in grad school, I believe I would do a research project on people's perceptions of WLS and those who have had it.

Trish, I started on one of my Special Olympics scarves yesterday.  I do not like that stiff acrylic Red Heart yarn at all!  My stores here don't carry the Soft Red Heart except in baby colors.  I might have to order some.  I'll make up the 4 skeins of it I already bought, but I don't like the feel or the texture of it.  So stiff and scratchy!

It's chilly and damp here today.  Thank God for the good rain that came along with this cold front.  I wish they would lift our burn bans here.  I have so much stuff waiting to be burned.  Lots of old boxes and cartons and things.  They've been piling up in the garage all summer long.

Glad to hear from you, Nan.  How wonderful to have a surprise birthday party!  Please be safe and careful on your journey home.  I'm sorry we didn't get to have our visit.

Cindi, let me know when you get closer to Texas.  Eileen was wanting to meet up in Shreveport one day.  Will you be passing anywhere close to there?  Or somewhere in Louisiana?  Maybe the three of us could find a rendevous spot?  I can't picture your route in my head.

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday and an even better weekend!

Love you all!

Vickie 

cindibarre
on 10/28/11 9:56 am - Danforth, ME
cindibarre
on 10/28/11 9:58 am - Danforth, ME
Vickie-

I should hit Texas by Monday.  I'm dropping down into Alabama tomorrow from Tennessee and eventually I'll end up on I-10 into Beaumont. 

When I finally get to Anahuac I'm game for a rendevous in Shreveport with Eileen.  I'd delay and meet with you all earlier but I need to get the motorhome out of storage and to the RV repair facility.  The frig died last spring so I have to get it repaired, replaced or removed.  RV is in storage in Victoria and RV repair place that I trust is in Corpus.  I have to be at Anahuac by the 15th.

Stopped at Walmart tonight and bought a whole bunch of sugar free lifesavers to suck on while driving.  Did pretty well today with the head hunger.  Stopped at a Sheetz and tried to get a breakfast burrito.  It was disgusting so I dumped it in the trash and ate the greek yogurt that I have in the car.  Dinner tonight was at Cracker Barrell, fried shrimp with green beans.  Fried foods doesn't sit well.  I avoided eating the biscuit and cornbread.  I just want to settle back into a routine of normalcy.

Don't let the blues get you down.  Snuggle with a dog and pretend it's hubby.  I thought of you tonight as I was at Walmart.  Bought yarn to make scarves for Special Olympics.  Another reason to settle as I can't knit or crochet while driving.

Anyway, I'm game for a meet in Shrevesport.  I only have to work 24 hours a week at the Refuge if need be so I'm going to have some flexibility to travel and meet with people.

Cindi
Eileen Briesch
on 10/28/11 10:50 am - Evansville, IN
Cindi, the SF Werther's Coffee Caramel are really good, too. Just don't eat too many of them (I limit myself to four a day), because otherwise you'll regret it in the bathroom later.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Monica B.
on 10/28/11 2:50 am - Emery, SD
Hello all. Sober 362 days and so proud of me. Pouch is better, upping my water and protein has helped. Still amazed at how good the Chiropractor is helping me. I can feel the difference. I can button a shirt all by myself with increased feeling in my hands and fingers.
Picked up a new hot pink lounge suit at Walmart. Smaller size and better yet smaller price. I have a stack of clothes for our trip north. MA got snow last night and 9-12 inches predicted for Sat.night. I have socks and gloves, a favorite scarf, boots, and warm stuff. Hubby laughs at what I am bringing. Ha Ha I had the last laugh when we visited Disney in 2009 and had my winter coat and vest and gloves, everyone else had left their winter stuff in the car at the airport.
We will listen to Bill O'Reilly's new book on tape for the trip. Also bringing good CD's for comfort.
Wow the World Series was exciting last night. Could not believe that the Cardinals won.
Hope all has a good Friday. Food is always a sneaky fiend and picks at us. Having good snacks is so important. Mindful eating always......or we know what happens.
Monica

Connie D.
on 10/28/11 4:34 am
Good morning Cindi  and everyone.....

Cindi...I hope your trip goes well.....have a safe journey.

Because Grace (granddaughter) and I were sick I didn't have the cleaning lady come this week. That means today is laundry and cleaning. All the cleaning is done except for the floors and only one more load of towels left to wash. Overall it is going pretty well.

I was going to go to MN for this Halloween weekend but changed my mind.  Jamie (daughter) leaves for vacation next week and she couldn't get any more time off. I love Halloween as there were always so many parties to go too. It was always great fun. Oh well maybe next year!!

One of my long time MN friends called me yesterday. There is a 95 % chance that she has breast cancer. She gets her biopsy results Monday.
It is growing very rapidly. She is a wreck. Sure wish I could be there for her. Please say a prayer for her if you can.

I had a meltdown last night...cried until I couldn't anymore. 

That is about it for me for today. Prayers for those in need.

Love and hugs to all....connie d
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 10/28/11 5:34 am, edited 10/28/11 5:37 am - Green Valley, AZ
Cindi and all,
    Cindi, safe trip to Texas. Connie, praying. Nan, Happy,happy birthday. A party. How fun. Vicki, Sorry you are missing your DH. It must be so difficult for both of you. Monica, You are amazing. So close to a year!!!!!!! If I missed anyone I am sorry. Lots to try to remember. Oh, Trish, glad you are able to drive.

I was craving junk food, too. I had a few things not good for me. My sis is ill and wanted ice cream to soothe her throat. I went to the store. I wanted to buy my favorite type too. I didn't for which I am proud. Did have 3 bites with my baby spoon that I use at times. It didn't taste good at all. I'm not tempted to have any more!!!!!!! What a thrill for me. Lost 2 more pounds this week.      Hugs and good thoughts to all.     Mag   

Eileen Briesch
on 10/28/11 7:39 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Cindi and my OFF family:

I'm getting on here late. I had my physical this morning and it took later than I expected, plus then I had to do my payday shopping, prescription pickup, etc. By the time I got home, it was after 2 p.m. and I still had to do laundry and I'm pooped. My legs and back hurt something horribly. I'm sitting here with ice on both trying not to take a pain pill yet.

Had my annual pap and talked with the doctor about my swollen legs. He said really, there was nothing he could do about them, other than to refer me to an ortho surgeon, who might be able to cut away the excess tissue, but that might not solve it. This is all because of the two knee replacement surgeries on the one knee that didn't work. How I wish I never had this knee replacement. It has just made my life miserable.

Anyway, after the appointment, I went out for breakfast/lunch, then to Walmart, CVS, bank, etc. I'm so tired. The World Series game was awesome but boy, did the Rangers blow it last night. I'm off tonight so I can watch game 7.

Have a good day, everyone. I need to get my wash out of the dryer and put another load in.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 402 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1209 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1213 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!