Wednesday What's New?

Laureen S.
on 12/20/11 10:47 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning all,

Just a drive through to say hi, busy time of year for many of us and busy can be good, but I'm tired and don't see a moment for myself before Monday, if that is my only real complaint, I'm doing G R E A T!!!  Life is good today and I'm in the moment.

Enjoy your families, your gatherings, your love interests and look for the gratitude in the gift of life, even with it's hills and valleys. . .

Hugs and best wishes to all and special prayers, thoughts going out to those with serious life challenges.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 12/20/11 10:59 pm - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Karen and all,

It's pretty early here and I'm almost asleep at the computer. Think I'll go back to bed. Hopefully, I will check back later.    Mag

poegirl100
on 12/20/11 11:44 pm - Cibolo, TX
Good morning my OFF sistas!

Well, Day Three of the great big WAR of the DUST BUNNIES is about to commence!  I'm getting closer to winning.  Although it may not sound very exciting to you all, I am so pleased to FINALLY be getting my house really clean again.  Every room has been a battlefield, let me tell you.  Now if my poor old body will just hold up one more day . . .

So, Karen (and anyone else who has this), how did you know you had restless leg syndrome?  Usually it's my shoulder that bothers me at night, but for the past few days, it's been my legs.  They just will not relax and let me go to sleep!  They don't move, per se, they just won't relax.  Is that restless leg syndrome?

Yesterday morning I put in a load of wash and came back to discover water all over my laundry room floor!  Eeek!  I know I needed to mop in there, but God didn't have to give me THAT big of a nudge!  I was gonna do it, I swear!  LOL!  Anyway, I called Sears and got very lucky.  The repair man is coming tomorrow morning, so I'll have my washer fixed before Christmas.  And since he's coming, I also put my double oven on the repair list.  The lock that controls the self-cleaning function on the upper oven isn't working right.  Last time I cleaned that oven, the lock wouldn't release and it took me three days of trying to get my upper oven door open again!  I tell you, it's just been my good luck that I haven't been doing much baking since my surgery, because that oven definitely needs cleaning! 

Julia, the repair guy supposed to come between 8 and noon.  I hope he doesn't show up at 7:50 a.m. like your tv guy did!

Well, last night, I had just plopped down in the recliner when the phone rang and it was Christie.  She was back here in Nacogdoches to pick up her car from the body shop.  I think the only reason she called me was because she had left her phone charger at my house.  She wanted to come by and pick it up.  John was with her (they left Benny with his mother) and I swear to you all, they stayed no longer than 3 minutes!  I guess she's still really mad at me.  She suffered me to give her a hug, but she didn't hug me back.  And she didn't say "I love you" back to me either.  I really think if she hadn't needed her phone charger, she would have come into town and left without ever saying a word to me.  Hmph.  Guess who's still mad at her mother? 

So, if I was feeling a bit bad about us having separate Christmases this year, I no longer do.  She needs more time before we try to do anything together as a family again.  We'll just have our family Christmas in January when Butch gets home, and hopefully things will have settled down by then.

I did a little bit of decorating yesterday.  Most of my stuff is at the lakehouse, but I had a little minature fake tree still here, so I set that up.  And I have collected dozens of little snowmen over the years.  So I decorated the fireplace mantel and the dining room table with those.  It's looking a bit more festive in here today. 

Well, I'd better grab a bite of breakfast and don my war togs again!  Today I am tackling the kitchen, the craft room, and my bedroom.  Then tomorrow I will tackle my office.  Always save the worst for last, right?  At least I won't be washing any more curtains!  LOL!  Maybe that's why my washing machine broke.  It was in shock!  LOL!

Love you all!

Vickie 

grammylew
on 12/21/11 2:44 am - Jacksonville, NC
Vickie, I think RLS can be different. Or at least we describe it differently. My Dad always said it was like ants crawling inside his legs. I just can't hold my legs still. My Sis says it's a little like tiny electric shocks inside her legs.
I have tried every med made for RLS, and some that have been made for other things. They are like my sleep meds, they work for a few months and then I have to change to something else.
I hope you can find something that works for you!

Grammylew in Jax

poegirl100
on 12/21/11 4:38 am - Cibolo, TX
Caroline,

Oh, well, no--that's not exactly the same symptoms as I've been having.  Maybe I don't have RLS.  I've always been a foot jiggler, but I've never felt like ants or anything like that.  Just extremely tight muscles that won't relax, so I keep shifting around, trying to get comfortable.

It might be because I did all that mopping and vacuuming the past couple of days.  (Now I'm telling on myself because I don't mop or vacuum all that often!)  Or I might just be tense because I'm missing my husband.  We'll see if it continues next week.  If it does, I might go see my doctor about it. 

Thanks for the info!

Vic
Eileen Briesch
on 12/21/11 2:21 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Karen and my OFF family:

Rain stopped from yesterday but still a little cloudy, and much cooler. Still, it feels more like fall here than winter. Leaves are just changing. I know things will be a lot different next week when I get into Evansville. Excited, anxious, nervous ... don't know where I'm going to get the money for the move, the new apartment, etc. All the same issues.

Four more days of work (Saturday I'm off; Christmas is my last day). Tonight figures to be a challenge. Louisiana Tech is in a football bowl game in San Diego; I don't know if they'll hold deadline for the game (we do have a reporter out there after all). Deadline is usually 10 p.m.; the game probably won't be over until nearly 10:30 p.m., then the reporter has to write, transmit, etc.

Well, that's all from me. Have a good day. Need to find boxes to pack.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

cindibarre
on 12/21/11 3:51 am - Danforth, ME
G'day Karen and OFF-

Today I'm working the Visitor Center so I have time to chat with you all.

I've organized all the plastic containers that hold the new earrings.  I've used a P-touch to label each compartment.  The earrings are Jabebo earrings.  They're made in PA as a cottage industry.  They're all made from recycled cereal boxes.  Jabebo has a website if you want to look at the earrings.  Ours are mostly birds and critters found on the refuge but they also have pets, etc...

I printed my first sexy labels yesterday.  I know I sound a little strange about this filing project but I'm indexing all the files.  Last year when I did the project at another refuge I had to type everything twice.  Once for the index and once for the hanging folder tab.  Now I just index and they have subscribed to an on-line label making service that allows me to import all the data from my index to print the labels.  I know, I know Cindi you're nuts to get so excited about making a label.

I've joined the local wellness center for the winter while I'm here.  I started with yoga classes two weeks ago.  I'm pleased to announce that I can now do a downward dog pose something I couldn't do two weeks ago.  Tonight I star****er fitness class.  Had to order a new bathing suit and it arrived yesterday.  If I wasn't working the Visitor Center today I could take a water Zumba class.

Finished the last of my Christmas shopping today at the Visitor Center Nature store.  I am going south to a friends house for their family Christmas celebration.  I have purchased nature related gifts for all the small children.  So my sales record for today will be good since I contributed to the daily sales by purchasing all the kids toys.

The last few days have been a struggle with the eating.  I don't know if it's the season or stress from worrying about my friend in MA but I've been grazing for the last three days.  Have to stop it and use the tool to its advantage.  It's the stopping that is hard.  May have to find an online OE support group to tap into.

Monica I'll be sending you positive vibes for your ultra sound.  Hoping it's just some stinky scar tissue.

Vickie thanks for the laughs with the dust bunnies.  What do you call the one's that hang from the ceiling like spanish moss?  Dust bats?

Connie no parent should have to take any abuse from a child whether its physical or verbal or unintentional.  This is what worries me about my dear friend in MA.  Move if that's the solution to stopping the taking advantage of you!

I know that I've forgotten some of you, sorry.  Sending positive vibes to all of you who need them.  Now off to putting my sexy colored labels on the file folders!

Cindi
poegirl100
on 12/21/11 4:45 am - Cibolo, TX
Cindi--girl, you crack me up!  Dust bats!  Yeah, I've got those, too! 

I love my P-touch label maker!  Very sexy!

I wish we were close enough to do yoga class together.  I've always wanted to do yoga.  And I love water fitness, too.  Good for you!  What you need is something very dull to snack on--like unsalted, unbuttered popcorn.  It's the chewing that calms you down from the stress, but if what you're chewing is also delicious, then you end up eating too much. 

Now, when are we going to try and get together?  And where?  I'm up for just about any adventure after Christmas.  Let's go someplace fun!

Vic
cindibarre
on 12/21/11 11:20 am - Danforth, ME
Vicky-

I bought a great DVD of yoga.  I'll dig it out and let you know the name.

After Christmas would be great.  You tell me what would be fun and I'll meet with you there.  When is Butch due back from Saudi?  Maybe we could rendevous just before he comes home.

Did water fitness tonight and I'm feeling it!

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1117 views