Sunny Sunday - LOVE Summer

Eileen Briesch
on 7/12/15 12:01 pm - Evansville, IN

Hi Kathy and my OFF family:

Kathy, I think you got me confused with Mary, who has a Jim. I don't have a guy in my life ... whatshisname is gone, thankfully. 

I fell on the way to work yesterday and scraped my leg and bruised a bunch of parts. Can't remember if I related that ... well, anyway, the leg doesn't look so bad, the bloody parts were just a couple of scrapes. My right wrist is a little sore, however, so I iced that this morning. For some reason, I've been getting up at 9 a.m. So now at nearly 2 p.m., I'm getting sleepy ... well, I need to get out and pick up a prescription on the way to work so I can't take a nap. I've been forgetting to do this for the past few days. I could pick it up on the way home, but I keep forgetting to do that, too.

Talked to mom this morning and told her about my low thyroid. She reminded me of her mother's goiter and my brother Ed's high thyroid problems (Ed had his thyroid removed, his neck got so big). I knew it ran in the family. Mom was telling me she goes to communion on Sunday morning, then she was going to a root beer float social in the afternoon. So I guess they're trying to get her to socialize.

Anyway, not much else happening. I'm watching the White Sox-Cubs game before I have to get ready for work tonight. Hopefully, it will be peaceful (although I know we have a late game). 

Connie, take care of yourself.

Jeannie, enjoy your trip. Stop off and see Crazy Horse, too.

Kathy, take it easy with the ladder. 

Vickie, the park looks wonderful. And you're right to not tell the jerk about the baby. If he walked out on her before, why should she draw him back in with the baby? Then he's in her life forever. Have fun on your getaway. You certainly need it.

Have a good day everyone.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Ready2goNOW
on 7/12/15 6:00 pm

Yes, Eileen, I mistakenly used your name instead of Mary's. 10 whacks w/a wet noodle!

At least you know you were on my mind!

Hope you are recovering from your fall. I hate going down! Painful & hard to get back up once you reach middle age...

Kathy

Eileen Briesch
on 7/12/15 6:32 pm - Evansville, IN

I knew who you meant ... just wanted everyone else to make sure who you meant. 

Yes, my legs are bruised and my wrist is a little sore, but nothing is broken. I feel a little shaky at times when I get up. I noticed it again this afternoon, so I am sure to wait until the dizziness passes. (Is this also a symptom of low thyroid or the thyroid med?)

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

cindibarre
on 7/12/15 3:08 pm - Danforth, ME

Good evening OFF-

Vickie the pool looks lovely and I'm sure that you had fun with the boys at the pool.  You are a wonderful parent to help Carrie finishing her thesis and with the baby.

Connie sorry you aren't feeling well.  Jeanni I'm exhausted reading about the meals you prepped for your husband plus the cleaning.  Judy your family issues would drive me up the wall.  Mary I hope that your husband gets a transplant soon so you don't have to worry about the weekly taps.  I know that I'm messing up names.  Eileen hope your arm feels better now with the icing.  Go get an xray if it continues to hurt.

Well today was a lazy day.  Got up with good intentions and then had a sinking spell so I went back to bed for a nap.  My neighbor from Long Island came over to visit and caught me up on the road news.  

Yesterday I went with another neighbor to an open farm day at a lavendar farm.  It was a wonderful adventure.  The lavendar farm was wonderful.  I am motivated to plant some lavendar in my Texas garden.  I learned yesterday that I will have to plant French lavendar as it is more heat tolerant.  The English lavendar is more cold tolerant and but is milder and sweeter smelling.  So of course I had to purchase some lavendar detergent but will not be able to use it here in Maine due to septic systems not like powdered detergents.  Also got some lavendar and geranium bug spray.  We'll see how it does with mosquitoes.  I've been using something similar in Texas that we sell through the nature store.

I need to make a schedule change in the coming weeks.  I have to get up and pack rather than drink coffee and surf the web.  I'm starting to have panic attacks about packing so best way to resolve that is change my schedule and get it done.

So that's it from Maine.  Sent the realtor some pictures to add to the listing to make it even more appealing.  Not worrying about selling this summer but a bit frustrated with this realtor.  Hope everyone has a great evening and I'll check in tomorrow afternoon or evening after I have packed some boxes!

Cindi

Judy G.
on 7/12/15 3:18 pm - Galion, OH

HI....Doing a quick post here...BAD storms moving in supposed to hit tomorrow BIG TIME...so If nobody sees me online storms knocked out power...already lost it twice today so far!! GRRR Another storm is moving in and looks like another one from another direction might hit that other one...sooooooo going to go lock u before they hit and all hell breaks out!!!

Thankyou all for the thoughts and prayers...YES tenants are driving me nuts and so is my family!!!

LOL

Thoughts and Prayers for all that need them!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Connie D.
on 7/12/15 6:54 pm

Judy....the storm is starting up here and are suppose to be really bad tomorrow. 

I am still feeling so sick...going to bed soon. I want to get off my computer before it gets too bad out there.

I love you...keep safe...hugs....connie d

Mary Gee
on 7/12/15 6:56 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Evening Ladies -- I'm posting late again.  I felt so worn out I took a Xanax to knock me out so I'd get a good sleep, and it did knock me out for sure.  But Jim woke me up before I was ready, so I was dragging and dozing again.

Kathy - Glad you're taking care of the pool ladder - don't want to see you falling again.  Glad your daughter is there to help you out with it.  I so, so miss the pool we had years ago, I enjoyed it so much -- except for the adventure of getting in and out of it....it was a smaller pool and the ladder was not sturdy, and I was s big.... Mick used to have to come help me every time I wanted to get in/out.

Connie - I hope you feel better soon.  You've been having a rough time lately, and I hate seeing you not well.  Just the fact you weren't able to go for your walk shows me just how poorly you feel, because you always get your walks in every day, come hell or high water.  

Arlene - I could never live in Florida -- way too hot for me.  When my daughter was  12, I took her to Disney World - it was in early June and the heat was unbearable!

Vickie - I hope you had a wonderful day at the pool today -- it looks like a beautiful spot.  Sorry about the episode with the dog.  And the news about Carrie---Holy Crap is right!!  What a shocker.....she's very lucky to have you at her side.  Like me, I know you would do anything for your girls - they are our special gifts.

Jeannie - Meagan is a lucky woman--her husband is a real winner to take her daughter as his own, because her biological father does, indeed, sound like a douche!

Eileen - Sorry about your fall; I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself too bad.  Hope you do have a peaceful night.

Cindi - Get packing girl !!!  Oy Vey, how I hate packing!! I hope you have good luck selling your cabins.  Don't recall if you mentioned where in Maine they are. Sounds like you've "been around" -- you mentioned a friend from Long Island, and moving to Texas.  Where did you grow up?  I lived in New Yor****il I got married and moved up to Massachusetts.

Judy - Stay safe - you really have to deal with a lot of storms there in Ohio.....guess it keeps your mind off those crazy tenants!!

So that's it for me....still did't take care of my paperwork -- maybe tonight I'll get it done.  Tomorrow is a trip to the hospital.  Jim won't be getting a transplant soon -- he just got put on the list, and he is dragging his feet about making the appointments they want him to make. But - I'm not his mother - I'll take him to whatever appointments he needs to go to, but it's up to him comply with the doctors.  He's terrified of having surgery, but he has to be realistic and accept the fact he won't get better if he doesn't do what he's supposed to do.  

Had Taylor overnight .... such a doll.!!  She tells me she wants to stay five days, not two days.  And she wishes me and Poppy and she and her Mommy and Daddy all lived together.  Melts my heart.  She starts Kindergarten this year, and I know she'll be very happy -- she is bored with her day-care, even though the woman who runs it does a great job in teaching Taylor how to write and read her letters, and do math, etc.  

Hope everyone is doing ok!!  Prayers and good wishes to all.

Mary 

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Patricia R.
on 7/12/15 7:49 pm - Perry, MI

Hi Everyone,

I'm alive and exhausted.  Church all morning.  Mom for a few hours, ex's parents for a few hours, then visit with a friend from AA here for a few hours.  Was gone from here for about 12 hours.

Prayers, Hugs, Love

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 401 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1208 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1212 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1150 views