Monday Again

Ready2goNOW
on 5/2/16 5:35 pm

Hi all!

I am as late today as Julia was early...lol!

Was not feeling too well mid-day. Been having occasional dizzy spells, but today I felt like I might pass out. Sat down, relaxed & took a nap. Have felt better since then...

I love sharing snack ideas especially since I don't have as many high protein ideas in my toolbox as I would like. I do hard boil eggs, snack on string cheese & a couple teaspoons of peanutbutter. I think I'd have a problem limiting nuts...I love them like potato chips. I also will make half a protein shake when craving sugar. I need to get some recipes for using my protein mix in brownies, etc.

If there is one good reason to be out of work it is bc of food...lol. I always had a hard time walking away from treats ppl brought in. At my last job I had a boss who loved to eat as much as I did & really put out for b-day & holiday luncheons!

I want to follow thru on Jeannies suggestion over this past weekend about doing a thread on the changes WLS brought about in our lives. I like to memorialize things in writing...maybe later this week....

Julia, hope you get a earlier start on bed tonite & a good night's sleep. It always makes the next day smoother!

Trish, you are an amazing grandmother! My mom was like that & my girls had a special bond with her. They STILL talk about her every time we get together... she really helped shape them. God's work in my opinion..

Yvonne, you keep busy everyday and seem very social. I seem to socialize mainly with my sister, daughters, a special niece, next door neighbor, and a couple former co-workers. The rest I do online. I hate to say it, but I got tired of ppl after being in social work so long. I am happy to be alone...especially with a book!

Has anyone heard from Mary? I was under the impression that when she got Eileen's computer we'd hear more from her. I hope what is happening is her new house is being put in! Anyhow, miss her!

I'm going to sign off. Wishing everyone a good rest of the nite & good day tomorrow!

Kathy

lightswitch
on 5/2/16 6:08 pm

Kathy,

There used to be a recipe that we all made with the protein shake powder. I imagine that Eileen will remember it. But, you mix the powder (chocolate or vanilla) with some nut cream I used almond or cashew or peanut butter and also after you mix it, if it isn't moist enough, you can add some butter to make it easy to mix.  Then, you can can add vanilla flavoring anyway mix it all up and roll in balls and put on a cookie sheet and put in the refrigerator....they make really nice little treats...

I also love to make egg salad and stuff my celery with it...taste real good.  Back when I ate meat, I would take pepperoni and cook in the oven for a few minutes until they turn into chips....anyway, we should do a WLS recipe exchange.  

Eileen Briesch
on 5/2/16 8:45 pm - Evansville, IN

Yeah, they are protein balls ... but you also have to add some oatmeal or almond flour to the mix. There's a bunch of these recipes on eggface's website. I used to like the malted milk balls one. it used chocolate protein powder, malted milk powder, almond butter and then you put an almond on top after they were rolled out into balls. I brought those into work and everyone loved them. Mom even liked them. I haven't made these things in a long time. Maybe I should get back into eating these things again. 

My brother Gary likes egg salad ... never liked that. Pepperoni doesn't agree with me, but I have taken salami and spread low-fat cream cheese on it, rolled them up and had that for snacks.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Ready2goNOW
on 5/3/16 6:05 am

Thanks Jeannie & Eileen. I need to go back to Eggfaces recipe site. Those balls sound really good!

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 401 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1208 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1212 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1150 views