DOCTORS SAY YES??

Christine B.
on 3/26/08 3:14 pm - Lindale, TX

I have heard several ads on a finance company called Drs Say Yes...They will finance your plastic surgery...I still have 45lbs to go but will need very very extensive surgery. I was wondering if anyone out there went this route and if so how was it...

katwig
on 3/27/08 2:00 am
Hi Christine, I checked into Drs Say Yes-- they are an option for the "credit challenged"-- a catagory I unfortunately fall into.  They are very persistent in calling and/or e-mailing...  I did some research online and found a lot of unhappy clients.  Google them and you'll see what I mean.   They have a no refund policy, regardless of the reason--- one girl said she was allergic to latex and they couldn't do whatever surgery she was having without latex and they still would not refund her money. They will not tell you what doctor they are making you an appointment with until you have prepaid their fee, and that, to me, says it all.  I want to be able to research the doctor's history of malpractice, etc., prior to seeing him or her.  I have also read in some complaints that their doctors have a large amount of malpractice suits and some have even had their licenses suspended. I have decided to wait until I have the money saved-- I am in need of a TT and breast lift after 160 pound weight loss.  I did find some teaching hospitals that have plastic surgery residency programs where you can find a better price.  The bottom line, is, not to compromise your safety at any cost. There are several other finance companies out there-- google "plastic surgery financing"-- however Drs Say Yes are the only ones that "GUARANTEE" financing regardless of your credit.   I should also add that there are probably doctors in their program who are reputable and competent, however I have heard enough bad to be scared off. Good luck in your research! Kathy
Christine B.
on 3/27/08 2:10 am - Lindale, TX
Thanks for the information, after a divorce that caused a bankruptcy I too fall into the credit challenged department. I also had issues with the fact that they would not reveal the names of the doctors as well because I like to do research too. I dont know what to do...I am a single mom and have got to have paniectomy, thigh lift, arm lift, and breasts done because my total weightloss when I am done will be about 115lbs and I have got the massive overlaping stomach...So if anyone else out there has any ideas...I am open to them  
It Is What It Is!!!
on 3/27/08 4:09 am - Boston, MA
Hi Christine, my name is Kim.  I am schedule for BA/BL in mid April.  I went through Doctor's Say Yes because I too am credit challenged.  I initially was scheduled to have my surgery back in December but rescheduled because my credit score changed and I felt into the "have to put down more money" catergory!  Well that pissed me off.  The previous poster is right, there is a no refund policy.  However, for medical reasons, there is.  That person should have contacted a lawyer because they distinctively said that if you got a doctors note stating it was medically necessary for your to NOT have the surgery, they had to give you back the money. Well anyway, since I couldn't get my money back, I contacted BBB.  Funny however, I couldn't find anything about them anywhere on the NET.  So, I let them keep my down payment until I rescheduled my date and until my credit score went back up.   Once I paid the fee, i was given the doctors name at that time.  After that, i researched and researched but couldn't find anything.  During my consultatation, I asked him had anyone died under his care, he said no.  I guess I believe him, but now I am getting nervous.  I am going to keep researching all the way up to the date.  I wish I could have paid for it at a hospital, etc.  But I just couldn't and they just don't finance folks with bad credit at these reputable hospitals.   In closing, when you are in a situation like us, weight loss, single mother, etc.  you have to do whatever you have to do until your situation changes.  I guess if I had to do it all over, everything, I'd try to keep my credit score higher so that I have more options. Let me know what you decide.
I Won't Complain!  I've had good days, I've had bad days.  All of my good days out weigh my bad days, I WON'T COMPLAIN.....  Kimberleece    
heatherlowrymom
on 3/27/08 5:02 am
I have a fantastic surgeon with the program. Several others do on this board as well. I've seen some of the negative stuff posted, but I have not had a problem.  It could depend on where you live, what surgeons participate, etc. When I called initially, after I let them check my credit, they willingly gave me the names of several surgeons in the program that I could use. So, I wouldn't bag their program. Look into it further.  All of their surgeons also have to be board certified, and mine is even in the Aesthetic Society for plastic surgeons--a top notch organization.  The people who are upset with it make a bigger fuss than the people who are not.   That's all...
Christine B.
on 3/27/08 6:01 am - Lindale, TX
Was wondering if you have already had your surgery or are you still waiting.
sajdatj1
on 3/26/09 2:59 am
I am also looking into Dr. Say yes, but having a consultaion today with a local reputable ( that I know) Dr. - just curious how you lost the initial 160lbs as well.
adelida1
on 3/27/08 5:36 am - New Orleans, LA
I know the surgeon here in the New Orleans area that is enrolled with them is Dr. Massiah(sp?) he is a very good plastic surgeon and has been on many of national tv shows. I dont know how good he is with WLS patients though.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling.
Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.

VickiJ
on 3/27/08 5:40 am
I have seen several people talk about finding a teaching hospital.  How do you find them? Thanks!
pinkchick
on 10/23/08 1:22 pm
Hi,  I used Drs Say Yes in 2006 for Breast Augmentation.  I did have to put down 1,500 because of my credit score.  The surgeon that they chose had his own website with patient testimonials, all possitive.  It was very easy working with Drs Say Yes. The paper work only took 20 minutes and they meet you in the doctors office to complete it.  So you are actually sitting accross the table with a real person.   My  surgeon also guaranteed me life time maintanance with my implants. No cost to me again,  if implants were defective... and I have check ups with him periodically all included in the cost....So  I can honestly recommend Drs Say Yes,  especially to us credit challenge people.   I hope this helps and Good Luck!!!!!  Diana from California
Most Active