6 Weeks Yesterday Post Op TT!

kimtindall
on 3/31/09 9:50 pm, edited 4/1/09 12:26 am - Jacksonville, FL
And I still have my drain in me!!  I go in today for my WEEKLY follow up to see if he needs to put a second one in me because I am still putting out an average of 140cc's a day.  I "dump" the bulb 3x's a day with about 40cc's worth in it. 
I had a severe reaction to the tape on the incision line at 2 weeks and now am dealing with a horrible wound recovery.  I started out using an ointment on the area and covering it until I started getting a reaction to that, so now I am using a 1/4 % Dakins soultion on a gauze and cover it.   It seems to be getting smaller each day, but the smell of it is HORRIDDDD!  I go in today and he will do a debridement on that area.  I will def have a revision in 6 months since I am also dealing with a  packed belly button from almost losing it. 

Kim 

Kelly V.
on 3/31/09 10:46 pm - Galion, OH
Sorry to hear what you are going through.  Just remember this will pass and at least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I know the drains suck but believe me try to keep them in as you don't want to start leaking fluid out of one of your openings.  

Good Luck!! 
Peach
on 4/1/09 12:12 am - savannah, GA
I'll be 4 weeks out Thursday and I feel your pain. I am ready to get rid of this drain in me. AND my inner thigh incisions opened up and I have to have my bandages changed twice a day. Try to keep your chin up!
 Bless your heart you are having a ruff go of it.

Jamie K.  SW  /  CW / GW
360 / 157 /  150  
Plastics 3/3/09 In Monterey MX.

MSHAMO
on 4/1/09 12:18 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
So sorry to hear that you are going through such a bad experience. Although you didn't say exactly what type of surgery you had, I'm assuming that you had a TT. I'm 5 weeks out from an extended TT, lipo and hernia repair, and I had 3 drains. I had 2 of them in for 3 weeks and 1 in for 4 weeks. Maybe you're not draining properly and that is why you are having so many problems. Good luck to you, it will get better!!
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
kimtindall
on 4/1/09 12:25 am - Jacksonville, FL
Yes, sorry...I had a TT on Feb 17th. 
I am soooo ready to wear my second phase FLexees (just like Spanx) but it sits right on the hole area where my drain comes out, so for the mean time I just continue to wear my binder unless I am washing it.  I am actually on my 4th one.  Those things are made HORRIBLY! 

Kim 

kimtindall
on 4/2/09 4:22 am - Jacksonville, FL
I finally had my drain removed yesterday ...wow, I was never so happy to see that thing GO! 

Kim 

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/09 10:02 pm
Most Active