HELP......

ShirleyG
on 4/1/09 8:46 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
I had  TT a year ago , was extended a bit toward the back.. Has the thigh to the knee this past Dec ,,,,All is great and tummy is flat as a pancake ,,,,NOW, here is the problem.
As I look at it now, I should have had a total all the way around, think it is called a LBL...Anyway
I didnt know and he didnt tell me that .
So the question is , the butt need doing now , EVEN MORE OBVIOUS since all the swelling nad everything is healed from the thigh and TT so what is the rest called ...
Would it be just a butt lift and has anyone had the tt and thigh and later the butt ..
My surgeon only does one procedure at a time usually so I have already spent $ over 15,000 and still have the butt that needs work ..
Funny thing is the legs even look way better if I pull up the skin from the butt in the back so he really should have done a whole lift but didnt tell me I needed it ..
I like his work but wonder should i try to find another DR now ..
I am confused as to what to do ..
Thanks for any help or suggestions
Shirl
Redhaired
on 4/1/09 9:20 pm - Mouseville, FL
Shirl-
I had my lbl in two surgeries.  I have clotting issues and there was something about flipping me over on the operating table that put me at an increased risk for clots.  The first surgery was the extended TT.  And then several months later I went back in and had the butt lift with auto-agmentation. I guess the difference here is that my surgeon told me I needed the second surgery and while it was not scheduled -- it was already planned.   I have been very pleased with the results.

If you are pleased with your surgeon I would at least get his opinion on doing the backside, but you might also wish to consult with other surgeons as well.

Red

ShirleyG
on 4/2/09 2:29 am - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Thanks Red,
DId you have more or less pain with the back as opposed to TT?  Was the cost more or less etc?
I so want this done and looking at finances..
Shirl
Redhaired
on 4/2/09 2:46 am - Mouseville, FL
My procedures were covered so I haven't a clue about cost.  As I recall the back side surgery was no worse than the front side surgery and yes my incisions meet up so it looks like I was cut all the way around.

cleos_mom
on 4/1/09 10:14 pm - phila., PA
HI I had a TT in Dec and on Monday I had the butt lift my DR doesn't like to do them together because he said you get a better result if you do them seperate because when he or 2 cause it is so tight ,with the back lift I have to stand straight erect so as not to put strain on the back end but I still can't stand perfectly straight from my TT,my PS called it a back lift he took off all the fat  & skin from my back on the sides and lifted my butt, my friends say I have the butt of a 20 yr old now, I also had an inner thigh lift same time as the back lift no problem from the back lift but my legs are sore,he joined my scar from my TT so it looks like I am cut all the way around  
ShirleyG
on 4/2/09 2:28 am - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Thanks for the reply and clearing that up.  I so want this too ,,,How much was your butt as opposed to the TT?
I had the thigh already do the last thing i need is the butt /back area ...
Does the pain feelbetter/ worse than the TT?

Angensam
on 4/2/09 2:46 am - Atlanta, GA
I had an LBL, but I can tell you that other than a cough or a sneeze, my front pain has been a breeze compared to my poor butt. Sitting is pretty painful and laying down can be as well. Recline position was no help and I think laying on my back versus being in a recliner made my front recovery go smoother. Just be prepared that your butt and especially the incision right above the crack will hurt. That being said, I think you will really appreciate the result. I love my outcome but my butt is pretty flat which is really different. I'm Italian so I had a round butt and I sort of miss it. LOL. My PS and I discussed doing a butt augmentation but because he was doing a TL with the LBL, it would be too much. As it was, I was under for 8 hours.

Hope this helps.

Regina

Almost to goal!
Regina

cleos_mom
on 4/2/09 3:24 am - phila., PA
the cost was about the same because the PS gave me a discount because he did my TT
I don't really have any pain in my back & my butt but my TT didin't really hurt either, I only took pain medication when I came out of the OR. I don't like to take pain medication because it makes me really drowsy and Iam afraid that if I take it I wouldn't be able to get up & walk around.my surgeon fees were
3500 thigh
2000 back
1900 hospital
1400 anesthesia
but like I said there was a discount in there
good luck to you
Siamak Agha MD PhD
on 4/2/09 2:26 pm, edited 4/2/09 2:26 pm - Newport Beach, CA
The best procedure for most weight loss patients is a Lower body Lift- This is infact three different procedures:  Circumferential TT, Buttock Lift, and outer thigh lift.  By breaking the circumferential TT, to TT and Butt lift, the work becomes significantly easier but the patient does not get the best result.  How can you remove all the waist excess by doing them in two stages.  It really baffles me?????   When you have had a TT already, I usually end up doing most of the circumferential TT in front again inorder to remove enough excess tissue from your waist.  If you do not remove enough form the wasit, the outer thigh lift will not be as effective.  Thus, it is best to go to a PLastic Surgeon who will do a completer LBL +/- Butt Augmentation.  See my gallery: http://www.plasticsurgerybodycontouring.com/index.php/gallery/post-bariatric/

YOU CAN GET A COPY OF MY PATIENT GUIDE AT : www.plasticsurgerybodycontouring.com/b/
Siamak Agha MD PhD
Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society of Plastic Surgery
Specializing in Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery
www.plasticsurgerycal.com

Most Active