Am I still to fat to get plastics?

ldyminerva
on 4/17/09 2:34 am - Capital area, MI

I tend to be impatient and i know this. But I've lost about 140 pounds and I seem to be stuck at 210ish. I'm hoping to be down to about 180 by December and then I'm looking to have plastics around this time next year. But I fear that i'm going to be stuck at 210 forever, is that still to fat to have plastics?

Jenny - HW 350/ SW 325/CW 222

"I'm a pretty pretty princess, damnit!"

sablouwho
on 4/17/09 2:58 am - La La Land, CA
I can't see your photo. Is it in your profile?
~Cindy  

Watch my first appearance on
The Doctors TV Show   (aired Dec 2008)
Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

Cynthia's Lower Body Lift procedure by Dr. Siamak Agha
 this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

ldyminerva
on 4/17/09 3:02 am - Capital area, MI
Oh, yeah, it's on my profile.

sablouwho
on 4/17/09 3:31 am - La La Land, CA
You look great Jenny, congratulations!
~Cindy  

Plastics done by Siamak Agha, MD (lower body lift/spiral thigh lift) in Dec 2009, breast 

this includes footage from my first and second appearance on The Doctors as well as footage of my actual surgery

sablouwho
on 4/17/09 3:37 am, edited 4/17/09 3:38 am - La La Land, CA
To answer your question -- I don't personally know the answer. But I did wonder the same thing myself. The PS's I consulted with at the OH conference last fall were very helpful. At the time I was only 4 1/2 months post-op and I knew I wasn't ready yet for PS since my weight wasn't stable.

But they had all told me that because I was a lightweight (I was 180 at the time) and relatively small, that I would have been ready for PS at that weight if I had been weight stable and at least 12 months post-op.

Of course, I now weight less than that...

But, the PS I'm planning on using ,Dr. Agha,has told me that I'm at a good weight and that I shouldn't loose more. But that is because he does a lot of sculpting and contouring as a part of his work, so he said he doesn't want me to loose too much more (no more than 5-6 pounds).

Another PS I had consulted with (who had nothing to do w/the OH conference) wanted me to loose more weight -- just a few pounds. Honestly, I think that this is because his techniques are not as innovative and he doesn't do nearly as much post-bariatric work.

I think that the best way for you to find out whether you are "too fat" for PS is to go on some consults. The docs will tell you what they think! (Be prepared to hear different opinions from different docs!)

~Cindy  

ldyminerva
on 4/17/09 4:20 am - Capital area, MI

Thanks for the reply! I have my one year appointment next week and i was going to ask my surgeon, or his PA, what he thought. The surgion i'm thinking of going to is here on OH and seems to come highly recommended, and I've been in email contact with his office for the last 6 months. But their office is about 2 hours away so I don't want to con**** them just yet. I'm still hoping to loose about 30 more pounds before i go in, I just fear these last 30 pounds aren't going away.....But I start the gym on May 1st (I'm in my last weeks of getting my BA, so I'm a bit busy with school and work to go right now!)

I'm also big boned....and i know that a lot of fat girls always say they are big boned, but I really am (it's my German/Viking blood), so i don't ever see myself as getting small or having a "normal" bmi, I'm shooting of just overweight

but i'm now rambling and i should be working!

sablouwho
on 4/17/09 4:34 am - La La Land, CA
You might be able to do a virtual consult with that PS you heard about through OH. The PS I am going to use does this (I didn't need to since I'm local, but he offers this for out-of-town patients).

It would be worth asking if they would do it. You'd have to take clinical photos of yourself undressed, and email them to the doc, but hey, it's better than driving 2 hours when you aren't sure yet if you are "ready".

Are there any other PS's closer to you whom you could meet with?

I have to say, even though I've got my heart set on a particular doctor, meeting with a few other PS's was very helpful.
~Cindy  

ldyminerva
on 4/17/09 5:16 am - Capital area, MI
I do plan on consulting more then one PS, so that is a good idea. Maybe i could consult a few around here before I go out to see him. and I'll email him to see if he wants naked pictures of me......my husband has by begging me to allow him to do that anyway

Redhaired
on 4/17/09 4:13 am - Mouseville, FL
Jenny-
You have done so well.  I am sure by December you will be ready for plastics, but only a PS can really tell you if you are ready. 

Red

ldyminerva
on 4/17/09 4:22 am - Capital area, MI
you are so sweet Red, thank you

Most Active