Its going to be a battle

ginau
on 4/2/11 3:21 pm - mesa, AZ
 Aetna - need I say more?

they declined the auth for a panni removal because I dont go in and whine about skin rash's ?  So now I have to write a letter on why they should approve it - really !!!

Anyone battled Aetna and won ?? - please let me know how you did it ...

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/11 11:58 pm
On April 2, 2011 at 10:21 PM Pacific Time, ginau wrote:
 Aetna - need I say more?

they declined the auth for a panni removal because I dont go in and whine about skin rash's ?  So now I have to write a letter on why they should approve it - really !!!

Anyone battled Aetna and won ?? - please let me know how you did it ...
It probably wouldn't be a battle if you found out their precise requirements and you did what was required to win approval. While some people are lucky in that they don't have to do anything, many of us here have had to have multiple visits to our PCP's to have rashes and prescription treatments documented and sent to the insurance company to win approval.

Follow the rules/play the game first and then if you don't win approval,  complain, look for support and go into battle with additional info. You've put the cart in front of the horse - start whining about skin rashes now then reapply.
ginau
on 4/3/11 3:58 am - mesa, AZ
Skylark

Your right about being aware, I fetl a few of my other issue would Trump it .. I am fortunate to have  medical  professionals in  my family and close friends that when I had rash's  I didnt need to spend the extra time and money at a Dr's office. Guess I will have to view that as a INVESTMENT.

But for now I am looking for other ways to get this approved without investing the additional 3 months of game playing with Aetna

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

Renee2007
on 4/3/11 12:01 pm - Central, FL
 I guess you could skip the games altogether and just pay cash like many of us have done. I would have loved to have been given the opportunity to jump a few hoops and play a few games to have my plastics covered. I guess it's all in how you want to look at it. It's still the best 40k I've ever spent!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

ginau
on 4/3/11 12:13 pm - mesa, AZ
Very  True !!  but if I was doing that  I would be going for a  lower body lift  and i would  not do it here in the US -  our money goes much further in other places ...  thinking Costa Rica

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

Renee2007
on 4/3/11 12:16 pm - Central, FL
 There ya go! Sounds like a plan and a nice vacation to boot!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

ShrinkingBecky
on 4/3/11 1:32 am - KY
Skylark Orchid is right. Familiarize yourself with your insurance company's requirements; most of them have that information easily accessible on their websites.
Most Active