What to do???

Laura S.
on 4/30/11 11:47 am
I am really struggling with a decision I have to make in the next couple of days.  I have an appointment set up with an awesome surgeon, I made this appointment months ago.  It is a consultation for a breast augmentation.  I used to be a size D and now I am barely an A.  I look totally abnormal.  My husband can borrow money from his 401K and he is totally fine with that.  He wants me to do it.  I am just torn, because I feel like it's SO much money and so very selfish of me to spend it on my boobs.  It would probably help my marriage though because I feel completey embarrassed to be naked.  What to do???

Laura

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/11 12:34 pm
Laura - I felt the same way.  But then I realized that I am not done yet with my weight loss journey.   No matter how many hours I spend at the gym it will not change my excess skin issue so I am having a LBL in June.  My PS even said "wow, weight loss has really done a number on you."  It is a lot of money - none covered by insurance.  If your husband is fine with your decision - go to your consultation.  Good luck!
Laura S.
on 4/30/11 12:42 pm
Thanks Gracie!  I know I'm worth it, just wi**** wasn't so much money.  That's what I struggle with.  Even if I was just small I would be fine with that.  It's the fact that I look totally abnormal and deflated and awful.  I hate it.  I just want to look normal.

Laura

Renee2007
on 4/30/11 1:50 pm - Central, FL
 I say go for it. Having your body look the way you like it to look really boosts your self-esteem and confidence. For me, it made me feel feminine again. I felt I had lost some of my femininity along with the weight. loss. I don't think you can put a price on feeling good about yourself!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Laura S.
on 5/1/11 12:36 am
Thanks Renee!  So true!

Laura

serious
on 5/1/11 12:20 am

You can always go to Dr Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico. That way you get an awesome surgeon at half the price. I just had thigh surgery with him a few weeks ago, and my recovery has been uneventful. Would go to him again in a heartbeat if I was seeking more plastics. Just a thought.

Laura S.
on 5/1/11 12:36 am
I didn't even think about that, I will look into pricing....

Laura

lk1970
on 5/1/11 10:15 am
It's so worth it! I struggled with the cost issue as well, but got a lot of support from people on this board and my husband too. One of the ways I looked at it was- How much would the yearly cost be if I spread it out over 10yrs of enjoyment, it was less than I'd spend on clothes in a year! lol
I love my results and have no regrets! Best wishes...

Lisa

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

Laura S.
on 5/1/11 11:23 am
Thanks Lisa!  BTW you look amazing!

Laura

cyndi U.
on 5/1/11 11:46 am - forney, TX
I don't know where your located, but I"m going thru a residency program @ Baylor in Houston, TX.  My surgery is this week & I've dealt w/the costs ALOT!  My husband is actually more supportive than I think I am sometimes!  He's the one who actually encouraged me to check into to begin with because it bothered me so much!  He's even offered to take a loan against his Profit Sharing account, but I don't think we'll end up having to do that.  I had a lot of really good bonuses last year & saved every dime I could!  BUT...I figured I'd rather keep driving my car & not make a car payment and feel SO MUCH better about myself!  I felt the same way tho, that it was selfish of me, BUT.....sometimes we have always spent our lives NOT focusing on ourselves & that's what got us into this boat!  Now...Maybe it's best that we are selfish & take care of ourselves!  Going down to Houston on Wednesday for surgery on Thursday morning!

Cyndi U
Gastric Bypass, Dr. Daniel Jones, Dallas, 2003
LBL, Lipo, Butt Aug, Full Thigh Lift, hernia repair - 5/5/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Echo & Dr. Bullocks
BL/BA, brachioplasty - 8/26/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Lee & Dr. Bullocks

Most Active