Day 4 Post Op Tummy Tuck

mnmgunter
on 5/14/11 10:48 pm - Rochester, MI
So today is day 4 post Tummy Tuck, I feel pretty good. I slept 6 hours straight last night and got up this morning and got dressed on my own. My pain pump is empty so I followed the directions and removed it. I actually feel better with it gone. Not sure later if that will be the case. Did not hurt to remove it, quick and easy. I feel im eating better today so far, I am gonna try some chicken for lunch. I feel im walking alittle more upright today. I am still taking my pain pills every 5 hrs or so. I may start to wean this down somewhat. My next post op visit is friday morning. Excited to see how ill be at that point. Thanks for all the support it is nice to come somewhere where others are going through the same things.
avidreader
on 5/15/11 3:25 am - Cary, NC
Glad to hear you are doing so well. It does get better each day!! I had a difficult time eating, and still do somewhat. My pouch seems to have shrunk and I don't have as much room. I still drink lots of liquids and when I do eat solids it doesn't take much to fill me up.

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
mnmgunter
on 5/15/11 3:46 am - Rochester, MI
I think that is so true, I feel im back to basics. When I eat just alittle im full like in the beginning. Did you have the ON-Q pain pump? If so I removed mine today and did your pain level increase once it was removed? I feel like I can feel more now once I removed it early this morning. NOt sure if its my head or if feelings are coming back.
Laurieostrom
on 5/17/11 3:56 am
I had the pump, and felt a big difference once it was removed......but i think it's very individual....It's not a bad thing to "feel"  will help remind you to take it easy and let your body heal...atleast that's what I try to tell myself!

Glad your doing so well! 
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/11 8:17 am

Soooo happy you are doing so well..!!

avidreader
on 5/15/11 9:04 am - Cary, NC
My doctor didn't use the pain pump - I had Demerol the first day, Nuycenta the second day and after that only ES Tylenol.  Apparently I can tolerate pain much better than pain medications - they really do a number on my head.  I was so dreading the pain and was wonderfully surprised that I did not have major pain after the first few days.  It was uncomfortable with the drains and rising from a sitting position but really no unbearable pain.  I did take Ambian at night to help me sleep and my backside hurt from having to sleep on my back so long - I definitely should have put more padding under my butt - almost had bed sores!!!  I found the more I walked a little the better I felt!

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
(deactivated member)
on 5/13/13 4:28 am

Tummy Tuck is a great procedure if you want to remove excess skin and fat around the belly. [b][url="http://www.bikinitummytuckmiami.com/"]Tummy Tuck[/url][/b] in Miami is also great for removing a protruding belly.

Most Active