6 day update and scar massage question

jtsmom02
on 5/19/11 6:21 am - Mineola, TX
On Friday May 13th, I had an extended tummy tuck (anchor cut) and breast lift.  I saw the doctor today.  He removed my drains and all the tape / bandages.  Everything looks good / as expected so far. 

I plan to start the scar massage on Monday, although I'm told that's only 10% of the actual outcome.  My husband wants to do it, lol!  Does anyone have any tips or best practices for that? 

Every day is a little better.  I don't know really how much swelling I have but I tried on a pair of pants when I got home and was pretty excited with the side view!  I'm still wide and need a thigh / butt lift which I may do later. 

One of the best rewards so far is that my 5 year old daughter commented that we 'match' in a certain female area of our bodies.  That meant a lot to me and made me laugh.  I am filled with gratitude! 

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY
(Dr Charles Beall, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
5/13/11 Cholecystectomy, extended abdominoplasty (anchor cut), and mastopexy
(Dr Charles Beall and Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
8/26/11 Abdominoplasty revision
(Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)

Jody ***
on 5/19/11 9:19 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
You need to wait until the scabs have healed and sloughed off naturally.  I had to wait about 3 weeks before that happened. 

Scar massage is a firm massage, the scar turns a whitish while being massaged.  Scars like oil - and use a circular motion.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Most Active