My skin is going to burst open

sassyscorpio
on 5/22/11 4:35 pm
I am really tired of being so swollen. I had my face lift on Wednesday. Somebody told me the swelling starts to go down on day 5. I wish that had been true. Maybe tomorrow is day 5?

All I know is my ears feel like they are going to rip open at any moment.

I am pretty excited though that Dr. Luque injected my lips with some of my fat. I have always had really thin lips and when my mouth is closed, I looked like I had no lips. They aren't huge or anything, but they are a little fuller and I am happy about that!

I really like Dr. Luque. He is very sweet and patient. He is very talented at what he does. I am not worried anymore that I am going to look weird. He knows exactly what he is doing and I am sure I am going to look like I looked a few  years ago, not like a different person. I was really afraid of that.

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

Renee2007
on 5/22/11 10:28 pm - Central, FL
 You are going through the worst of it. My face got extremely swollen also. I had a face wrap that held ice packs. It helped a lot. Hang in there, it'll ease up in the next day or so!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

NursieGirl
on 5/23/11 2:58 am
It should get better each day.  You could use a little ice on your ears/face for a stint of twenty minutes, and that might help (it helps with any itching too).

I'm glad to hear what you say about Dr. Luque.  I'm very afraid that I might not be happy with the work because I don't want to look like I've had work done!  It's causing me a lot of anxiety!

sassyscorpio
on 5/23/11 8:24 am
Danielle, you have nothing to worry about. Dr. Luque is an aritst! The hard part for you will be finding a comfortable position.

I love my sleeve!!

Posted Image

NursieGirl
on 5/23/11 8:26 am
I figure it will be two months of torture!

Did you end up going under general or twilight anesthesia?

sassyscorpio
on 5/24/11 1:30 am
He said he had to do a general. I have no idea how they make that determination. if my hair
fall out again, I am going to be bald. I lost a ton with the band and a ton more with the sleeve.

I can't afford to lose one more hair!

I love my sleeve!!

Posted Image

NursieGirl
on 5/24/11 4:30 am
They decide based on a number of factors: your health, time of surgery, kind of surgery, etc.  You'll probably lose some hair unfortunately, just because of the trauma, but it shouldn't be as bad as the other surgeries, I wouldn't think, because you will have better post-op nutrition.

laurak712
on 5/24/11 1:59 am - New Braunfels, TX
Hi Sassy...glad your surgery is behind you and hope you feel better soon!!  We are missing you on the maintenance board.

Laura

Height 5' 7

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/25/11 4:21 am
If you don't have a wrap with ice packs in it, put ice packs in a small towel and just keep doing that. It's a hassle to keep them on one side of the face then the other, but it made a huge difference for me. 

Also, make sure to avoid salt. At one week out I took one bite of pizza and was swelling in less than an hour. A lot. 
Lee ~
on 5/25/11 11:45 pm - CA
Sassy, I'm happy to read that you're recovering and feel like your surgeon did a great job.  I can't wait to see the pics when you're ready for your unveiling.  :)

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active