2 wk post op tummy tuck

mnmgunter
on 5/25/11 2:48 am - Rochester, MI
Tomorrow I am 2 wk post op for the tummy tuck anchor cut. I am feeling good, not much energy but phyically good. I saw my surgeon today and he drained 40 cc's from my abdomen. Didnt feel a thing but glad he removed it. I went back to work today for a few hours and will do the same tomorrow. The first week was rough but things are better daily.  I cant wait for the swelling to go down so I can put on regular clothes, jeans etc. I know this will take time just being impatient.  I am driving again and havent had any tylenol etc for 5 days.  For those of you who have had this surgery when did you notice swelling went down and you were wearing normal clothes again?
mkbeany
on 5/25/11 5:08 am
I have no words of wisdom because I am still waiting for surgery.

But thanks for the update!

I watch for your posts. You give me hope for a quick return to normalcy!! (whatever that is )

Take good care of yourself and make sure to rest.
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
mnmgunter
on 5/25/11 6:41 am - Rochester, MI
Aww thanks, im trying to take care of myself. My problem is im stubborn and dont always ask for help when I should. Good luck with your surgery!
09free2beme
on 5/25/11 5:11 am - AK
jtsmom02
on 5/25/11 6:32 am, edited 5/24/11 6:35 pm - Mineola, TX
I guess we are all different indeed! I got my drains out at 6 days. I have very little pain and I think what pain I do have is from the gallbladder removal. I have one little spot that bleeds a bit and my belly button is still oozing nasty stuffy. I go back Tuesday to have my belly button stitches removed.

My upper stomach sticks out further than my lower stomach - it looks strange! I know it will go down eventually! I'm still wearing my binder but I think I actually feel better without it. I'm testing it out off and on.

Just started wearing underwear and stretch pants yesterday. Still too tender and swollen for my regular clothes.

I'm still very happy and planning future surgeries for thighs, butt, arms, and neck!

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY
(Dr Charles Beall, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
5/13/11 Cholecystectomy, extended abdominoplasty (anchor cut), and mastopexy
(Dr Charles Beall and Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
8/26/11 Abdominoplasty revision
(Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)

mnmgunter
on 5/25/11 6:44 am - Rochester, MI
Yep I got both my drains out at one week but I didnt think I had any fluid built up but I sure was wrong when he drew it out today lol. I dont have any pain either just the pulling when I get in and out of chairs etc. I just now started laying down proped up in bed, I can do this for alittle while. Im a side sleeper and cant wait until I can do that comfortably. I would love to have my arm's done someday along with my upper thighs. I had a breast lift and augmentation 3 yrs ago.
avidreader
on 5/25/11 8:54 am - Cary, NC
Saw my doctor today and he released me!!!!   ( 6 weeks out) He drew a little fluid off. I did feel the needle today, which means feeling is coming back!   The doctor told me I would notice MORE swelling as I exercise more - and I am back to walking now, up to 2 miles an evening and shooting for 3 by next week. 

I have been in regular clothes since week 2 when I went back to work.  Everything I own is 2 sizes too big in the waist but I pin them and belt them and keep going, hoping they don't fall down. 

He also told me I would see swelling up until about 6 months out so not to be concerned.  He wants me back in 3 months to take pictures but he only wants to see me if I have pain or problems that concern me.

Good luck everybody - this was certainly worth the cost, time and discomfort.

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
mnmgunter
on 5/25/11 9:10 am - Rochester, MI
That is great, good for you! Im hoping my energy level comes back soon so I can start walking somewhat.  Sounds like your doing great.
jtsmom02
on 5/25/11 9:36 am - Mineola, TX
Great report!  Thanks for sharing! 

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY
(Dr Charles Beall, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
5/13/11 Cholecystectomy, extended abdominoplasty (anchor cut), and mastopexy
(Dr Charles Beall and Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
8/26/11 Abdominoplasty revision
(Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)

Most Active