Cost of Surgery

Connie_S
on 5/27/11 6:47 am, edited 5/29/11 10:53 am - Morganton, NC

I am 23 months out, have lost 188 pounds and have 29 to go to my 150 # goal (Currently 179 pounds.)  Since January, it's going really very slow and family is telling me if I had surgery to remove all the mounds of excess skin from arms, thighs, and tummy, I'd probably be very near my goal.  I really don't think the stuff could possibly weigh that much but .... well.... my thighs do rise to the surface like great floating blobs when I get in the tub, so I don't really know. 

Anyway, my insurance issued me a letter before surgery informing me they would not cover so much as a tummy tuck procedure post weight loss, so if I have plastics, I'll have to foot the bill.  I'm in NC.  Can anyone recommend anyone, does anyone know a ballpark of what it would cost to do arms, thighs and tummy?  I really never thought it would come to this, but as it is right now, I can't wear short sleeves because of my old woman wrinkly flabby arms...and forget about shorts or bathing suits. 

I've also almost neared the place where I can no longer find clothes that fit well, because my arms and thighs are so disproportionately large to the rest of my body. 

Can anybody help me? 

Thanks so much!  connie

p.s: If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got...      
Bonnie ABC
on 5/27/11 7:31 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
I don't think anyone really knows how much skin until the cutting is done.  Since insurance isn't going to cover you, you might to think about Dr. Sauceda.   His prices are right, and his experience with weight loss patients is well known here on OH.   You can send him pictures and he'll tell you what he can do for you a price.

www.obesityhelp.com/group/Dr_Sauceda_Patients/discussion/

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
avidreader
on 5/27/11 7:33 am - Cary, NC
Had my extended TT in Raleigh and it cost me right at 8000.00 for everything.  Don't know how much more arms and thighs would add. 

Congratulations on an amazing weight loss!!

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
siberiancat
on 5/27/11 8:20 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I had extended Tummy Tuck (anchor cut) and arm lift this week.  My plastic surgeon wanted me in an acute care hospital (because of asthma and irregular heart rate - both under good control).

We had to pay the hospital, anesthesia and plastic surgeon before the procedure.  It was $13,000, but I'm sure there will be some additional charges somewhere.  That amount does not cover the labs, EKG & Chest x-ray pre-op.

My surgery was done in Michigan with a PS that specializes in body contouring after massive weight loss.

PS wanted me to have 100 pounds off for a 12 month period and be at goal weight.

Hope that helps a little.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Crazeru
on 5/27/11 9:00 am
Dr Sauceda did my LBL, BL, arms and sm upper thigh lift and 4 days later a full facelift for under 20k.  I'd been weight stable for 2 years.  You can send pics to [email protected] and he'll send you back a quote and what he can do for you.   If you click on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line it'll take you to his group here on OH.  There are 3 folks from the states and Canada down in Monterrey now.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Connie_S
on 5/29/11 11:01 am - Morganton, NC
Thanks guys.  Yeah, I really never thought I'd be one who wanted PS, but then I also didn't realize the flab would be so much that it would keep clothes from fitting properly either.  When I began to realize I might need it after all, my original goal was to get to goal and be stable for a while before pursuing it.  Weight loss is going really slow now, although I know it would be some better if I worked it harder.  I know how...   it's just doing it.  If I'd stay closer to the greek yogurt, skim milk, and mozarella cheese sticks I'd be getting off at least 5 pounds a month now.  I do not want to be one of those who gets to goal and turns right around and starts packing it back on. 

So, I'll hang steady, work it a little more regularly, and see what happens.  Lord knows I don't have $13,000 lying around looking for some place to go! 

Thanks for all the support!
connie
p.s: If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got...      
LMF5012
on 6/2/11 4:11 am
I had a TT and Lipo of the arms and I put out $12500. Its not cheap at all!
proudauntie
on 6/2/11 7:28 am - Honolulu, HI
I had the same problems you are having with clothese -  I had an arm lift for $5,400 and thigh lift for $6,800.  My insurance paid for the TT.  Good luck to you.
Most Active