How much weight should you expect to "lose" from plastics?

Thundergrrrl
on 6/12/11 2:20 pm
That is, how much weight in excess skin and fat would someone generally lose from a tummy tuck or lower body lift? I know it depends on the person but there has to be some sort of range.

I'm currently at 180lbs and I would be at a normal BMI at 160.  I honestly believe there could be close to 20 lbs of fat/skin in my mid section that would be removed with a TT or LBL.  I would like to know if I am mistaken or thinking unrealistically? The number on the scale doesn't matter that much to me, I'd rather get the result I want in the aesthetics but I am curious how close it would come to putting me "at goal" to just have this belly removed.

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

Jobsies
on 6/12/11 4:23 pm - Pitman, NJ
Originally, I was told about 20 pounds would be removed...and when I had mine down last week, it was actually 11 and I am shocked at how much is gone,

Just can't believe it!!

14 pounds lost before surgery. My first ticker is when I hit onderland: this was my goal when I started on this journey.  I want to focus on that right now...once I get there I can reevaluate.

My second ticker is my dream goal. Even if I only visit there for a short time, it would be nice to see that number just once.  I am pretty sure I'll need plastics to hit this goal.

Laura in Texas
on 6/12/11 10:03 pm
I think 20 would be a stretch. From posts I've read, most people seem to lose 3-10 pounds.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 6/12/11 10:38 pm
A friend just had a TT and breast lift/augmentation.  She was at goal weight so there wasn't much fat to remove.  The surgeon said it was approx. 1.5 lbs and she figured out that's what her implants weighed.   I think it depends on how close you are to goal when you have the surgery done and how much they need to remove.
Good luck!
Gracie150
mkbeany
on 6/13/11 12:37 am
Someone already said it but I think it dpeneds how much you have and where you carry it.

I will have a TT/Fleur de lis on 8/8. Surgeon set a goal of 190 for day of surgery.

I carried much of my 355 on the front of my body. My pannus is long...to my thighs.
But I also have big stuff (fat and skin) above my belly button.

Not much else anywhere else really.
Scrawny arms, neck and chest.
Never had a big ass...kinda flat.
Don't have big legs anymore.

Surgeon thinks I have about 10 pounds to come off my belly.

Then in Dec will have breasts and arms done. Not too much to trim there in terms of poundage...just empty skin.

I would love to be about 175 or so when this is all done.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Thundergrrrl
on 6/13/11 1:00 am
Thanks! I hear you there, carried most of my bulk in the front and still do.

At 180 I can wear size 10 pants and medium tops but have what looks like a pregnant belly. It's very bothersome and actually stands in the way of me being more active even though I'm already pretty active, it just feels like I'm carrying around baggage both literally and metaphorically.  

cyndi U.
on 6/13/11 11:35 am - forney, TX
I finally weighed about 2 weeks after surgery and was still swollen pretty good, I was surprised that I was down 15 lbs.  I was really feeling weak so I really started focusing more on eating & was eating REALLY well.  Was scared I might have put some of it back on but I weighed this AM & was down another 2.5 lbs.  I had about 10 lbs of skin removed.

Cyndi U
Gastric Bypass, Dr. Daniel Jones, Dallas, 2003
LBL, Lipo, Butt Aug, Full Thigh Lift, hernia repair - 5/5/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Echo & Dr. Bullocks
BL/BA, brachioplasty - 8/26/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Lee & Dr. Bullocks

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/11 5:12 pm - Yorktown, VA
20 pounds seems unrealistic to me. 

You can see my before and after pics.  I had a lot removed and it only weighed 6 pounds.  Most people seem to lose between 5 and 10 pounds of tissue.

Now, my weight dropped even lower due to lack of appetite after surgery.  I was 148 when I went in, so I should now weigh 142, right?  Well, I dropped down to 134 and am now 139.  I'm trying to gain as I'm way too thin/bony for my liking.  I'd like to be in the 145 to 150 range for my height and build.
Thundergrrrl
on 6/14/11 1:47 am
Thanks! Yes, it is amazing that that much volume of skin was only like 6 lbs!

I really don't care about the weight, though it would be nice, to get closer down to "normal" of 160 it's not vitally important to me. I know there are people of many different weights who carry it differently. I am very muscular (undearneath my fat, lol!) So I'm ok if I end up somewhere like 175. I'm only 27 so I can always lose more weight later in life if I want and I wouldn't normally care about "sagging skin" (I don't care about it in my arms, breasts, thighs, etc.) it's just this dang belly I want to get rid of.

Thanks to everyone who's replied. I am getting excited about the possibility and I am hoping to actually do it later in the year, this winter maybe.

laurak712
on 6/13/11 11:53 pm - New Braunfels, TX
My LBL/BL removed less than 3lbs of skin.  However, I lost an additional 5 or 6 pounds on top of that from the healing process and have kept it off.  It's the inches that really matter though.  The volume of yur skin when removed, will make the biggest impact.

Laura

Height 5' 7

Most Active