HAIR LOSS after PS ...... deja vu?

Carmelita
on 6/18/11 6:05 am - Four Corners, NM
On VSG forum a gal who had PS (tt, butt, thighs I think) recc. a hair care product she used to NOT LOSE her hair again after PS!!   

Im still checking out PS surgeons right now...and

I already went thru HORRIBLE HAIR LOSS with VSG (hormonal n nutritional I figured). Hair Loss like no other surgery, stress, rapid weight loss, medications, etc...Ive ever experienced in my old age!! Nothing EVER was like what I experienced post VSG. Nor for as long! I was 13 months out when it FINALLY COMPLETELY STOPPED shedding.

Since I won't be havin rapid weight loss again after PS...Im wondering...

Do we really gotta go thru it again??

Did any of you have HAIR LOSS AGAIN after PS?

IF so, was it SAME or different ...as your WLS HAIR LOSS phase? How long did it last and was it bad?

Do you know of  a hair care product that would MINIMIZE the PS hair loss THAT ACTUALLY WORKS! ...anything besides rogaine, nioxin, biotin, hair nails and skin...they didn't do anything for my WLS induced hair loss.

man I would really dread another major hair loss phase post plastics...
Thanks for your time...
Psyche
on 6/18/11 9:00 am
Unfortunately, any major surgery I have had has resulted in major hair loss. C-section, DS, and now a hysterectomy.

I am dreading the hair loss phase too but figure it is going to be inevitable. My hair girl and I are already discussing how to deal with it.
SW 280 / GW 150 / CW 128.8

Reconstructive surgery, under construction!

Lower Body Lift - 12/14/2011 - Atlanta VA Medical Center
Brachioplasty & Mastopexy w/Augmentation - 03/14/2012 - Dr Marisa Lawrence

jax0601
on 6/18/11 10:18 am - NV

Hello. After my lap band and plastics, I have lost a BUNCH of hair over a 2 year period. The only thing that I have found to slow down the hair loss is Vitamin B-12, Zinc, and Biotin supplements. If I am diligent in taking them every day my hair loss slows down significantly. This combination is taken to promote healthy hair and nails.

I hope this information helps !

Marianne

angiep1980
on 6/18/11 11:10 am - Cincinnati, OH
 I lost a ton of hair after RNY.  I had plastics (tt, bl & ba) on 5/11& haven't lost any hair.  Everyone is different and really no way to know if you will lose hair or not.  
laurak712
on 6/19/11 2:41 am - New Braunfels, TX
Carmelita, I really didn't lose much after my plastics.  I did for the first week post op, but that was it.  I lost plenty with my VSG as well and was afraid it would happen again.  I've always taken biotin...don't know if it helps or not but take it anyway.  I did keep my protein at about 125 to 150 post plastics for 3 months.  Maybe that helped.

Laura

Height 5' 7

siberiancat
on 6/19/11 3:36 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I've had hair loss with every surgery where I had general anesthesia (I think plastics was surgery #7).  So I expect to lose some hair again.  I have upped my protein to 130 gm a day and I take Folic Acid, B complex, B1, Hair, Skin & nail supplement and also Biotin.

I also use Aveda hair products.

That's doing my part. 

Best wishes.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

paranoidmother21
on 6/19/11 5:52 am - Lake Zurich, IL
I've had some since PS, but not nearly as much as with RNY.

According to my docs, it's body trauma (aka surgery in this case), and not just the weight loss. My stylist says it's affected much less in the way of follicles this time, but because of the time it takes for hair to grow, will probably last as long as it did before.

So about Christmas I should stop shedding.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

NursieGirl
on 6/19/11 6:16 am
I haven't even stopped losing hair from my VSG and just had plastics, so I'm not exactly thrilled with it either, but it will be worth it!

sassyscorpio
on 6/20/11 11:01 am
I lost so much with both the band and my vsg, I really can't afford to lose anymore. I've already lost about 2/3 of my  hair.

I also take all that stuff biotin, etc . I have no idea if it helps but I figure it doesn't hurt . I really , r'eally hope I don't lose it with my recent face lift.

band 12-29-06     revision  to sleeve  Alberto Aceves  4-29-09

I love my sleeve!!

Lost 107 lbs and maintaining

Posted Image

Lizzy25
on 6/22/11 6:12 pm
I lost a ton of hair after my VSG, and it's just now growing back in tufts. In the meanwhile I have been using a product by a small cometics company called ShaBo. It's a colored powder that you put on your scalp where the hair is thin, it's the same color as your hair so it makes you look not quite so bald/thinning in those areas, because it covers the scalp that shows through. It makes me feel a LOT better, and it super easy to use. I know the company will ship samples to you for free, you should give it a try. Google "ShaBo" and you'll find it. Good luck! 
Most Active