5 week post op tummy tuck appt today

mnmgunter
on 6/17/11 10:20 am - Rochester, MI
Well I had my 5 week post op tummy tuck appt today. I had a anchor cut on May 12th. In the past week and a half my incision has opened somewhat and is slow healing. This is mainly where to the incisions meet. Doc said no infection took out 20 ccs of fluid. I have to take 2 showers a day and cover with gauze. He thought it would close up in a couple weeks. Glad he wasnt to nervous about it. I feel relieved now. When I had my breast augmentation and lift my breasts didnt heal great either. Must be my skin. Oh well but other than that things are great. My energy really came back alot in the past week. Still get sore and little shooting pains (nerves im guessing) but its ok. Love not having the hanging skin.Tummy is tight and tiny.
avidreader
on 6/17/11 11:07 am - Cary, NC
Glad to hear things are going well.  Hope that intersection incision heals quickly.  My husband works in surgery and he told me that is definitely the most vulnerable spot. 

I still look at my stomach in amazement every day - I can not believe how much better I feel with the skin and tummy gone.

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
tesahardi
on 6/21/11 12:53 am - GA
I go for my 1 week post op today. I had the anchor cut and was cut to about 2" on each side of my butt crack. I've wondered about the healing. I had breast reduction in 94 with the anchor cut and did good with that so hope this heals the same. I'm just ready to move as I've had to do nothing, which is against all I am. driving me crazy! 
Can't wait to see my new belly button

Most Active