downward spiral

fiddledd
on 6/20/11 1:33 pm

1. counterbalanced - definition of counterbalanced by the Free Online ...

coun·ter·bal·ance (koun t r-b l ns, koun t r-b l ns). n. 1. A force or influence equally counteracting another. 2. A weight that acts to balance another; ...
    www.thefreedictionary.com/counterbalanced - Cached - Similar
  2. Plastic surgery ruins the natural force of counter balance
aka Leech
jax0601
on 6/20/11 2:11 pm, edited 6/20/11 2:33 pm - NV
I have seen, numerous times that this person, Leech,  rears their ugly head and  posts things  just to get under people's skin. I can tell that this comment is just that, and is meant  to get everyone in a tailspin !

WHAT I WOULD SUGGEST IS THAT EVERYONE JUST IGNORE THIS PERSON, AND NOT EVEN RESPOND BEYOND MY POST HERE. That will be the best way to shut him or her down in their tracks !
Laura in Texas
on 6/26/11 11:43 pm
Block both of her profiles like I did. Makes life much more pleasant!! 

I use the block button a lot here on OH. Too many people here stress me out and I don't need their stress.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

sonnieN
on 6/20/11 11:46 pm - grand rapids, MI
Yep, she just likes to stir up **** Very bitter and angry person who had a bad experience w/ PS years ago and just won't let it go. BTW she never had WLS or is in the same situation that most of us are where there is a medical reason or necessity to remove the skin. She looked fine in her before pics and seemed to be striving for perfection rather than what most of us are doing and just trying to live a normal life w/o excess skin getting in our way.
fiddledd
on 6/21/11 3:50 am, edited 6/21/11 3:53 am

My pictures are a tool for surgeons and anyone who has a different than normal pelvic stucture and plans to get body lift surgery to use as an example of what can happen if special posturing and propping methods aren't employed to harness that person's unusual however natural for "that person's"  pelvic tilt.  Get real. My doctor's said they understood my diferences but they actually ignored my documented and trunk altering spinal formation. There was name for it and everything but they put down history of back surgery for  spine condition of "some sort." My lift needed to be done in a completley different way than it was done and we discussed how important  retaining  the  nice fat pad I had covering my hip bones.  They just got off on the wrong foot and cut my initial incision too low (removing all the stuff that held me up) because I think they were demonstrating the method they usually do to some other doctors and forgot to think about me and make adjustments for my geometry. It was too late after that and stuff had to be pulled from places where stuff shouldn't be pulled from and then smeared up and around just to get me closed up. I've been caught up in this bungee cord strip of skin (that used to be and still wants to be my inner leg )for a belly for many years because of them not paying attention to ME. It's all very geometrical what they do.  Sort of like the Japanese art of paper folding, Origami.  They were used to folding and cutting ducks and I was more of a goose or something.  This sort of thing still happens I've seen some pictures on realself.com of people *****cently had body lifts are just starting to have the problems I've been suffering through.  Some of the doctors answer them like there is something genetically wrong with their skin probably but really the answer is too much stuff was removed from above a forward slanting hip that could have served as suspensive shock absorber and helped to harnessed  natural balance.  If there isn't enough padding  there,( ie. over hip)it's like a baby getting a diaper put on with the front corner of the diaper  over the back corner of the diaper. Everything buckles under and the diaper slips down around the baby's leg. It's worth discussing this type of potentiality with your surgeon before undergoing a body lift procedure.  My doctors told me they had tricks they use so this doesn't happen, those tricks didn't apply to me though. I'm sure they had to go back to the drawing board after me. A little (BIG) mistake was made during the first few minutes of my procedure. This kinda surgery is worth it if "everything" is  carefully thoughtout and discussed before and employed flawlessly during.  Not worth it if it isn't. 

aka Leech
sonnieN
on 6/21/11 4:21 am - grand rapids, MI

Blah, blah blah blah blah. The only thing that made any sense and has a part of this board is the last sentence. People come here for support and to have their questions answered. We all go into this w/ our eyes wide open and have done our research on the procedures, complications and Dr's. All you do is come here and post random **** that means nothing then go on about how bad your surgeon was and all the mistakes he made what like 10 years ago and he isn't even in practice anymore. If there is a specific post that is asking a question that you have some advice on go ahead and comment. However your random negative posts aren't welcome on this HELP board as they are anything but helpful. Go get some counseling for your issues you have in your head from your PS and quite using this forum to do that under the pretense that you're helping others. Most probably have your negative ass blocked anyway.

jax0601
on 6/21/11 11:56 am - NV
Well stated Sonnie. Some people just cant let go...they have to go on and on mumbling random crap that no one wants to hear.  There is NO place for this person on this board.  Some people just need to get a life and move on !

fiddledd
on 6/22/11 2:34 am
I finally had appointment with a neurologist last week.  She actually spent over one hour listening and talking to me about my experiences.  Other doctors, and there have been many I've seen many especially recently, (since I can't fake through this anymore) spend only about 2 minutes with me and don't look at me, just my ex-rays and send me off to another type of doctor.  It's just been a big dance from one doctor to another with 6 to 8 week wait for next appointment.  Neurologist says I have post traumatic surgical stress syndrome and I will finally get good pain pills from her that actually take away pain and let you feel human for awhile, not the phony new aged pain pills that only help you nervously manage pain though workday then after work you need to go straight to bed where you can finally un-manage, cry and moan.  She says I will need to get counseling with a psychologist too. There are other things wrong that we haven't gotten into yet but it's a start. Sure did take a long time to get some help though.  I've aged in the face 15 years in the past few months from the pain and stress I've been having. She says that I will need to get off the Internet with my problem and I will agree to that gladly now that I finally get someone willing to help me. Yeah this whole thing has made me pretty angry. Medically manufactured health disorders aren't supposed to happen or exist but they do.
aka Leech
fiddledd
on 6/22/11 5:40 am

My doctor is still practicing.   Where did you get the idea he wasn't? I refrain from giving out his name but here is some stuff written about him....

has received the "Lockwood Award", the most prestigious award given by the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery to surgeons that have made major contributions to the field of body  he pioneered the field of body contouring after massive weight loss. and the world. He edited the first and definitive textbook entitled Body Contouring After Massive Weight Loss, which covers the same subject and is considered the "bible" of this type of surgery around the world. He has lectured and/or performed surgical demonstrations in over 25 countries and is considered by many as the world's foremost authority on plastic surgery after massive weight loss.

is the body contouring section editor for the Aesthetic Surgery Journal and associate editor for the Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Journal, two of the most prestigious plastic surgery journals. He is the editor-in-chief of the Plastic Surgery Educational Network (PSEN), which is designed to be the largest online educational portal for plastic surgeons in the world.

We all have our bad days I guess

aka Leech
sonnieN
on 6/22/11 11:04 pm - grand rapids, MI
Um you said your Dr. Retired in you 4/20 post about lipo.

Doctor Baccari (now retired or perhaps forced to retire by peers) acted  like he would be so careful and only remove a very small amount. This really hurts.

Check out pics.Before and after

Maybe you should remember what you post. Also really get the help from the shrink and take the nuerologist advise and take it offline. No one here really wants to read anything you have to say any more. It's not helpful to anyone, yourself included.

Most Active