Plastic Surgery Residency Programs

ashleynicole86
on 7/5/11 9:20 am - SC
Has anyone had any experience with any residency programs in the Southeast U.S. region?  The quotes I've received so far range from $25,000 to $30,000 for all the work I need done and that's impossible for me to afford. 

I've heard residency programs are usually cheaper and the work is still really great.  I called the Medical University of South Carolina and they told me to fax my file and a referral from my surgeon for them to review the case before scheduling a consultation.  Is this common?

Any other recommendations for surgeons in the Southeast U.S. region would be appreciated. 

Thanks!
cyndi U.
on 7/5/11 12:01 pm - forney, TX
I just used the one in Houston, Tx, loved them!

Cyndi U
Gastric Bypass, Dr. Daniel Jones, Dallas, 2003
LBL, Lipo, Butt Aug, Full Thigh Lift, hernia repair - 5/5/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Echo & Dr. Bullocks
BL/BA, brachioplasty - 8/26/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Lee & Dr. Bullocks

jazzy31
on 7/7/11 7:15 am
Hi,

I just had my arms and side handles done 2 weeks ago in Chicago at Northwestern's resident program.  Loved my surgeon and the rest of the team.  I paid $5200 and the work looks good. 

HW:330, SW: 280, CW: 161, GW: 165         

Lois G.
on 7/9/11 10:11 pm - Ashland, PA
I had my corset trunk plasty done at Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA.....under their program had to schedule one year in advance for the four slots they do...instead of 12,000 I paid 3400.........hope they start other ones soon for other parts of body....
ashleynicole86
on 7/10/11 8:28 am - SC
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm definitely going to at least get a consultation. Can't hurt at this point.
Most Active