Belly Button ***Update***

redbedhead
on 7/6/11 10:47 pm - Colorado Springs, CO

Here is my update. I copied most of it from an email I sent to my family.

If you remember from my earlier post, the incision around my Belly button had opened and I had a hole.  i was concerned So I went to see My plastic Surgeon.He said it was not big enough to need restitched, and that it did not show any signs of infection, or necrosis.  He reminded me that There had been a great deal of swelling in my belly button (IT was REALLY Puffy , so puffy it looked like an outie instead of an innie.)  He thinks the swelling got to be to much for that side of the incision and it released.  The swelling is gone and my belly button is back to innie status.I have to put neosporin and gauze on it twice a day for the next 3 weeks and go in once a week for 3 weeks to have it looked at.  IF it starts to get infected or starts to look like it is dying then he will consider more aggressive treatment. 

Anna   
RNY 10/14/08 LBL 6/14/11    135 pounds lost, after bounceback regain.  And I am OK with that.  It enabled me to have double hip double knee replacements in the 9 month periond between Oct 2011 and June 2012.  

Jujuvee
on 7/6/11 11:57 pm
Jujuvee
on 7/7/11 12:01 am
Thaks for the update. Just neosporin huh? Is is painful?

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

redbedhead
on 7/7/11 1:10 am - Colorado Springs, CO
nope no pain at all, I probably would not have even noticed it earlier except that it was bleeding.

Anna   
RNY 10/14/08 LBL 6/14/11    135 pounds lost, after bounceback regain.  And I am OK with that.  It enabled me to have double hip double knee replacements in the 9 month periond between Oct 2011 and June 2012.  

Laura in Texas
on 7/7/11 1:24 am
So glad it's getting better!! I love my new belly-button and can't wait for my swelling to go down so it'll look even better!! 

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

siberiancat
on 7/7/11 2:58 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
You can click on my name or Avie picture to see my open wound and belly button "healing problem".  They are labeled 6 weeks post op.

I am cleaning mine twice a day, apply neosporin and sterile dressing.  It is not an open wound like the other one.  There is a stitch showing under the skin in both wound.  I think I have had 5  or 6 stitches work their way up and need to be removed.

I still have to wear compression 24/7 for another month.

Hope yours heals well - I know my "open wouned" from necrosis will take a few months.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active