8 1/2 weeks post op tummy tuck w muscle repair

mnmgunter
on 7/9/11 9:54 pm - Rochester, MI
Hi so I thought I would check in, Ive been lurking reading posts. I am 8 1/2 weeks post op from my anchor cut tummy tuck with muscle repair. I am doing well I still have a opened incision from half way between belly button to where the incision meets . This happened about 3 weeks out.  Where it meets is about the size of a half dollar. It is definitely getting better. The belly button healed completely plus a couple inches below that. Everything else is getting better every day. My stomach looks great. So tight and small. I would do it again in a minute even with the complication of the incision opening. My energy has been back for a few weeks. I am back to sleeping on my side with pillows. For those having a tummy tuck soon, the first 2 weeks were tough for me then everything started getting  better every day.  Background on my I had Doudenal Switch 8 yrs ago, lost 130 lbs. I currently weigh 138 and am 5'4. I have maintained my weight loss. I had breast augmentation with a lift 3 yrs ago. I finally decided to do the tummy tuck. He took 6 lbs of skin off my abdomen. I will probrobly do my arms and possibly thighs in the future. No big rush right now. Im 38, maybe for my 40th birthday present to myself. Ok ive rambled way to long lol. Take care everyone

Laura in Texas
on 7/9/11 10:24 pm
Glad to hear you're doing well!! I hope your wound gets better soon!! (and I highly recommend bracchioplasty)

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

mnmgunter
on 7/9/11 11:32 pm - Rochester, MI
Laura im really considering it, I saw how well you did with it. If I remember you said you went back to work at 10 days? I took 2 weeks off for the tummy tuck then I went back full time to a desk job. I was tired but it was doable. So you think the arms are a better recovery? If you dont mind me asking did you self pay and was it alot?
avidreader
on 7/9/11 10:30 pm - Cary, NC
Glad to hear things are going well and you are feeling "normal" again.

I need to get to my doctor to have after pics taken - I plan to ask for a copy of the before and after and post them here.  I am a little over 4 months out myself and I, too, would do it all over again.

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
Most Active