Anthem Blue Cross PPO?

Me13
on 7/25/11 3:02 pm
I'm just looking into plastic surgery -- as my panni is red with soreness -- I am dying to get rid of this extra large flap of skin.   

Has anyone had any success with getting to cover at least a portion of the surgery to remove the panni? I seem to have regular bouts of yeast infections.  Ick.
Height: 5'6".  Top Weight/Surgery Weight: 274. (August 2010)
8 weeks out:  219.6.  12 weeks out:  198. 
NORMAL WEIGHT REACHED MARCH 2011 (153 lbs.).
Goal BMI:  In the normal range, please -- somewhere between 22-24 
Clothing size 26/28 (triple X) before surgery in August of 2010. 
March 2011 clothing size:  10/12 (large)

Lap. RNY and Gallbladder Removal, Dr. Choi @ Danbury Hospital, Aug. 2010

sonnieN
on 7/26/11 12:48 am - grand rapids, MI
I had Empire Blue out fo NY and they covered mine after an appeal and I had no rashes but other issues. I would say just call and find out what your policy covers. When you call make sure you use the term "reconstructive" surgery not "plastic" surgery. Everyone's policy is different based on their employer and what riders they choose to purchase. Some Blue Cross's will cover a panni removal if you've lost over 100 lb, others have more requirements and some based on the riders may exclude it.
Zombie
on 7/26/11 5:25 am
I have Anthem BlueCross  PPO and I had to pay out of pocket. They told me my insurance would not cover it because it was not deemed medically necessary. I guess it's true, because I don't have any hernias or skin rashes, etc. So I'm going under the knife Aug 12th. Good luck to you.

~Paul~

Most Active