5 week pics up and a little disappointed

lbaetz
on 7/28/11 4:44 am - St. Thomas, Canada
I gotta say that I am feeling a little sad and disappointed with how things have changed. 

I know that eventually things would loosen up.  I just felt so defeated when I saw my saddle bags back and my butt saggy. 

Lori

strawberry28
on 7/28/11 4:54 am - somewhere, MD

I'm sorry you are disappointed.  I think your stomach and abs look super!  I've only had consultations, but my understanding is that sometimes you need other proceedures to address other areas (legs etc.)  Plus your still healing and, give it some time.

Again I have not seen a before pic,  but your abs are rockin!!!

SW= 268     
CW= 145  ***GOAL REACHED on Christmas Day 2010****             
GW=145
5'6"       BMI= 23
 LapBand 3/2006 to Revision DS 12/2009
Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com or http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

Extended Tummy Tuck, BL/BA scheduled for 11/18/11 Dr. Larry Lickstein          

antonietta23
on 7/28/11 4:56 am - Holbrook, MA
 I think you look good.  Look how far you have come. I see an improvement,  My doctor told me that It will be and improvement not to expect it to be perfect.  I will have scars and I will be happy to get rid of the excess skin.  You look good, do not beat yourself up.  We have beat ourselves up enough through this life.  You have a good day.
lbaetz
on 7/28/11 5:18 am - St. Thomas, Canada
I do realize that I've come so far and it is a great improvement.  It's just what a difference a week makes.  It's like I literally woke up one morning and felt my legs and felt the pocket of fat...like it sagged overnight. 

I'm not saying I regret it by any means.

Lori
Laura in Texas
on 7/28/11 5:30 am
I can definitely relate, Lori, but like you, I am trying to remain positive. It is interesting that when one body part looks good, we still tend to focus the parts we don't like. Now that my mid-section looks good, my thighs seem to look even worse than before. 

Hang in there! We'll both get through this!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Bonnie ABC
on 7/28/11 5:52 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
Three days after 13 hours of surgery I looked in the mirror and all I could see were the areas that I didn't get done.  After losing massive amounts of weight, it's hard to accept the loss of the dream of being beautiful.   At least not in one surgery.  Now, it's been a year.  I'm quite content with my body and even the areas that could still be fixed.  I'm far better than I once was, and I do look quite normal.  So.. not sure how long it takes to wrap your head around that, maybe the last few months it's sunk in.  I have looked at your before and after, and I think you need some time to realize how far you've come, and how good you look :)

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 6:13 am

LORI...

IN MY OPINION...You look soooooo much better, still. No, it may not be exactly what you had hoped for and what you had envisioned for THE end result, but girrrrrrrrrrl, you have come a VERY LONG way and your body has been put through a Lot, before the WLS, during, and now the PS...be kind to your new body and look at the good things that have come out of it all...You have made a HUGE step to better yourself and that can only lead to a better tomorrow...JUST give yourself a pat on the back for being able to get this far...I think you look FANTASTIC...We will never be a run way model, but dang it...WE ARE WINNERS, NON THE LESS...WE HAVE IMPROVED OUR QUALITY OF LIFE, THAT'S FOR SURE...NO ONE OR NOTHING CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM US...WE HAVE DONE WHAT SOME WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO DO AND ONLY WISH THEY COULD...LOVE YOURSELF, THERE'S ENOUGH HATERS OUT THERE...I LOVE THE WAY YOU HAVE IMPROVED ON THE PERSON YOU ARE ON THE OUTSIDE, BUT I KNOW THE BEAUTIFUL PERSON YOU ARE ON THE INSIDE WILL ALWAYS OVERRIDE THE BEAUTY YOU HAVE ON THE OUTSIDE..!! YOU ARE A HERO, IN MY EYES..!!!!

IN TIME, YOUR WILL BODY WILL CHANGE THROUGH HEALING...YOUR SWELLING WILL LEAVE OUT OF YOUR LEGS AND YOU WILL LOOK COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...GIVE YOURSELF SOME MORE TIME...YOUR STILL HEALING..!!

(((((((HUGS))))))

lbaetz
on 7/28/11 6:23 am - St. Thomas, Canada
Thank you all for that kick in my perfect ass

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 6:38 am
Lori - I understand how you are feeling.  Mine actually reappeared 14 days after surgery.  It was disappointing when that is the area that I wanted fixed the most.  Please be honest with your ps and see what he/she can do for you down the road.  I'm still not sure yet what I'll do - have been told six months healing before anything could be done.  But like everyone else says - focus on the positive!!!  Feel free to pm me!
Gracie150
jtsmom02
on 7/28/11 7:44 am - Mineola, TX
I totally understand.  I wonder if I'll ever be totally happy with my body.  I still am fixated on this upper stomach and 'recruitment'.  But then I look at my BEFORE pictures again, and I'm VERY happy.

Keep your chin up!!!  You look GREAT! 

Laina B.
250 / 160
9/9/03 Lap RNY
(Dr Charles Beall, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
5/13/11 Cholecystectomy, extended abdominoplasty (anchor cut), and mastopexy
(Dr Charles Beall and Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)
8/26/11 Abdominoplasty revision
(Dr James Saar, Tyler TX - AWESOME!!!)

Most Active