two more days

antonietta23
on 7/27/11 7:21 am - Holbrook, MA
 Well i am on the count down two more days.  I cannot believe it is almost here, the nerves are taking over.  I have a question what kind of supplies should I have at home. For dressing the stitches and such. I think I am well on my way.  I have to be at hospital at 6 on friday and then I go home saturday. what advice for the car ride home do you have I am having a lower body lift.  How painful is the back side.  thanks

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 9:05 am
Hi Sweetheart..

I wrote you this loooooooooooooooooooooooooong detailed book on the do's and dont's and I haven't a clue where it went...(IT WAS GOOD, TOO..LOL)

BUT..I will give a way shorter version..

Take two pillows with you..one for behind your back and one for your tummy...I also placed a Satin sheet over the seat to help me slide in and out of the vehicle easier...

For home...a reacher, a raised toilet seat, lots of gauze or (I used pantie liners, pulled off the paper and folded the sticky side 3/4 of the way down, leaving just enough to slightly stick to my skin, and placed the cut part around the drain tubes.) This worked great...I bought DERMAPLAST, from Wal-Mart for a numbing effect around the drain tubes after about three days...Antibiotic ointment, several tubes for the drain sights, and the incisions...I used antibacterial soap (Dial) for when I got take a HOT shower...OH my that hot shower at the end of the day feels sooooooooo good..!!

I have a lift chair that reclined..I slept in it for the first three or four days and then moved to the bed...That was a huge challenge, but I found easier ways to place myself for comfort...I have a very thick pillow top mattress, so that helps..

Take your pain meds on the hour as soo as you see you are going to need them...don't wait too long for the pain to get a hold on you...My greatest pain was a VERY INTENSE BURNING..LEFT OF MY BELLY BUTTON...Thank the Good Lord that STOPPED completely on the fourth day.

You will do great...JUST TWO MORE DAYS AND YOU'RE GOING TO BE EVEN HOTTER..!!!
antonietta23
on 7/27/11 9:42 am - Holbrook, MA
 thanks i am a little excited.  I am going to get the pantie liners, also what kind of clothes were you able to wear.   how did you take a shower with the drains

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 11:29 am
I wear soft, loose fitting capris andTees around the house and when I'm out and about...they look nice enough to wear out and about like to Wal-Mart and the ball park...about the only two places I go right now...I had an ON-Q pain pump that came home with me for four days...when it ran out and was removed, I kept the little blk bag with a zipper at the top and I just put my drain bulbs in that and wear it around my neck and under my arm like you might carry a shoulder purse...For showering, I take the bag from off my shoulder and lay it on the bathroom counter and remove my clothes ..put the bag back over my shoulder and get in the shower...the bag will retain water, but I pour it out and squeeze most of the water out after the shower wrapped up in a towel......It's made of nylon and air dries quickly..I know of others that use a ribbon and other things around their neck that hangs low to clip theirs onto...Someone else should chime in to help out with that question..

If you have any other questions...just ask. I'll be more than happy to help if I can..!

The best to you...

cyndy
Jujuvee
on 7/27/11 10:03 pm
I am soooo taking notes!

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 10:13 pm