Anyone have previous horizontal stoma*****ision???

Emily F.
on 7/28/11 10:14 am
 I had open horizontal incision for my ds. My plastic surgeon said he is worried the blood supply is cut off. So my incision is currently two inches above my belly button so instead of bringing it down below the belly button and having a tummy tuck incision (he is worried there will be no blood supply between those two incisions), he wants to cut the ds incision off and just have a high tummy tuck incision. 

I'm a little worried, he said there is no guarantee there is blood supply there and doesn't know how it will heal. Jusst would love to hear from someone w a horizontal incision and how you handled a tummy tuck.

Thanks. 
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 12:01 pm - WI
I didn't have ds done, but I had my appendix removed and had a 6-7 in*****ision on my abdomen. Dr. Sauceda cut that scar out and still went with the lower incision site so it will be hidden. Not sure if that helps you - hopefully it does
Emily F.
on 7/29/11 1:53 am
On July 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM Pacific Time, fedexguy wrote:
I didn't have ds done, but I had my appendix removed and had a 6-7 in*****ision on my abdomen. Dr. Sauceda cut that scar out and still went with the lower incision site so it will be hidden. Not sure if that helps you - hopefully it does
 Thanks. May I ask if you had any healing problems doing that? That is what my surgeon said, to cut it off. 
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 2:27 am - WI
I'm just under 3 weeks out from brachio,thigh lift, and tummy tuck and the stomach is healing the best-just a few scabs left. My incision is just above my pubic area.
Kayla B.
on 7/29/11 2:06 am - Austin, TX
I'd probably want to cut it off, but it really depends on how high of a TT scar we are talking about.

My TT scar is a tad higher than others I've seen, and I'm still satisfied, because I got a lot of lift in the pubic area and all the skin removed that I wanted.  Scars fade anyways.  I couldn't see any of my DS scars (or scars from the 2 surgeries I had after my DS, either).
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Emily F.
on 7/29/11 2:11 am
On July 29, 2011 at 9:06 AM Pacific Time, Kayla B. wrote:
I'd probably want to cut it off, but it really depends on how high of a TT scar we are talking about.

My TT scar is a tad higher than others I've seen, and I'm still satisfied, because I got a lot of lift in the pubic area and all the skin removed that I wanted.  Scars fade anyways.  I couldn't see any of my DS scars (or scars from the 2 surgeries I had after my DS, either).
 Yeah the 'high tummy tuck' will be right below the belly button which I didn't think was that bad. Honestly from coming where I came from, -200 lbs a scar doesn't bother me and I told him that. The part that scares me is he said he can't predict how it will heal. ?? scary. 
Kayla B.
on 7/29/11 2:27 am - Austin, TX
Did you try to get another opinion from a different PS?  I've found the opinions and post op care can vary so much.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Emily F.
on 7/29/11 3:11 am
On July 29, 2011 at 9:27 AM Pacific Time, Kayla B. wrote:
Did you try to get another opinion from a different PS?  I've found the opinions and post op care can vary so much.
 That was just the first one. I'm seeing another one with a little more experience in Aug. He is on vacation for a few weeks. 
LadyJwb
on 7/30/11 12:24 am - Philadelphia, PA
I had open RNY and my incision was very long and I had a Full Tummy Tuck 4 days ago.  My surgeon discussed nerve lost but never blood supply lost with me becuase of prior cuts. I have seen so many people with there wls scare and TT scare. I would get a 2nd opinion.  It is not that painful at all (I've also had two previous c-sections as well) Good Luck and go for it!
siberiancat
on 7/30/11 3:33 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I had 4 previous "open" abdominal surgeries.  My RNY was done lap.  I also had 3 large pregancies with stretch marks and lost and regained over 100# 30 years ago with more stretch marks.

I had fleur de lis tummy tuck with massive muscle resculpting.  Incision went from mid Left hip around pelvis to mid Right hip and then vertically from pubic area to just between boobs.  I lost all previous scars from open surgeries, but still have stretch marks above mons.

I did have tissue necrosis (lack of blood flow) where vertical and horizontal incisions meet above mons area.  You can click on my avitar or name to see progress of healing of the open wound fron debridement of necrosis.

I also had brachioplasty done at the same time.

There is also greater chance of circulation problems if you are now (or ever have been) a smoker.  I have never smoked.  It just happened.  I am in good shape, at goal, nutritionally good and labs are great.  I upped protein to 130 gm one month before plastics and have kept it there to maximize healing.

You can PM me if  you have more questions or any way I can help.  I did go to a plastic surgeon who specializes in body sculpting after massive weight loss.  Hope this helps.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active