Not complaining!!! BUT how long does this last?

Amy Smith
on 8/9/11 2:06 pm
I have read on here about weight loss after plastics and I knew I would be that person who gained! 

Anyway, I went into my abdominoplasty, medial thigh lift, and outer thigh lipo I weighed 158.  Unfortunately, my PS does not measure the removed specimen, but she estimated 6 or  7 pounds removed.  I weigh every morning b/c it is my routine and I am down to 147.  ( Thats 11 pounds in 13 days.)  I know I have had some c. diff problems, etc, but typically when I am sick and cut down on my eating I stop losing or gain, but that has not been the case.

When does this losing trend stop, just so I can be prepared!?!

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

ericaFG
on 8/9/11 2:45 pm - Cambridge, Canada
I hear you.  After my TT last fall I dropped weight FAST.  I wasn't eating much after surgery due to the tightening - I got my restriction back.  And it was so much WORK to make food! lol

I dropped down into the mid 140's and I'm 5'9", so that was pretty thin.  I still had quite a bit of excess skin on my backside/thighs as well - so my upper body started to look GAUNT.  Like, count all my ribs from the front and back gaunt.  My husband kinda freaked out.

I started stuffing the food/protein shakes in hot and furious.  It was pre-xmas time too, so there were lots of opportunities. 

By january, I had gained back the 10lbs I lost from surgery, and about 7 more!  It took me another 6 weeks to get back to my pre-surgery weight and stay there.

This time I don't have the restriction, but I'm still dropping.  Mostly because I don't really feel that much like eating.  I'm down close to 150 now - just about where I'd like to stop.  But I'm not going to stress this time...just let things happen.  I know it will take care of itself!

Try adding a protein drink in there if you're worried - that will most likely give you enough extra to stop the slide.  Or at least slow it down.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

scottswife1997
on 8/9/11 7:32 pm - Ardmore, OK

I was looking forward to the weight loss from my upcoming surgery...Just praying to lose at least 10 lbs. 

Holly

Amy Smith
on 8/9/11 9:43 pm
I would be happy to continue to lose until 140 and see how I feel.  I alwys thought 140 was my "low goal", but I don't know how it looks.....At one point I thought I wanted to be 130 and that is way too low for me!

Thanks!  I am still intriged at how our body heals!
philliesphan
on 8/9/11 10:54 pm
I'm psyched to lose weight while lying on my back! Don't worry you should bounce-back in time, based on what I've read and people I talk to it seems like the average is around 10-15 lbs.  It's intersting to hear that hunger decreases because of tightness in the stomach and not just b/c of pain.

(-32 before RNY)                                 GOAL !

muffin27
on 8/9/11 11:18 pm - Canada
lbaetz
on 8/9/11 11:25 pm - St. Thomas, Canada
Go figure I'm the one that gains...lol  Went in at 160lbs, he took off 10 lbs and I'm now at 172lbs.  Went to see him last week and he said all the swelling is gone.  wtf?  lol  oh well

Lori

Renee2007
on 8/9/11 11:43 pm - Central, FL
 It should stabilize the more you heal. I dropped 13 pounds in a month after one of my procedures and it really caught me off guard. Your body goes into a hyper-metabolic state due to the trauma as it's trying to heal itself. Plus you are fighting a bad infection.You may or may not keep off all of what you lose. My surgeon said I would most likely have a little bounce back and he was right. Nothing major but I did put back on about 5 lbs.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

sfnativewm
on 8/10/11 10:39 am
I thought that by law that any and all removed must be weighed and documented.??

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

Most Active