Butt lift w/ flap augmentation?

imachangin
on 9/9/11 10:28 am
What is the flap they are referring to in this?  Where does it come from?

Crazeru
on 9/9/11 10:34 am
The skin area on my back that was being removed from the LBL.  Dr S removes the skin and slips the fat into the butt area.  It was sore if I leaned against the shower, rolled over just wrong for 3-4mo.  Since then not much.  I do like that I now have a little rounded area on both sides on my butt.  You can feel it beneath the skin.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

imachangin
on 9/9/11 10:57 am
You can feel it?  So does it feel strange or like it doesn't belong or what did you mean by that?  Sorry I have about a million and one questions before I go through with making these changes to my body lol:)

Crazeru
on 9/9/11 5:04 pm, edited 9/9/11 5:06 pm
I can feel the padding, but it doesn't feel bad.  It just adds a little extra to my booty!  It I didn't have the augmentation, my butt would be pretty flat.

At least this is how Dr Sauceda does it.  I'm glad that I have them in, I fill out my jeans a bit more now.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

imachangin
on 9/10/11 1:09 am
Glad it doesn't feel weird, I went from having a ghetto booty to having a pancake butt :(

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/11 1:45 am - Yorktown, VA
It does feel weird.  I am 3.5 months post-op and just now able to lie on my back, but I don't because it still feels weird when I do.  This is basically the ONLY time it feels weird, but it does feel weird.  It is getting better, though, so I suspect it will stop feeling weird with time.

The but augmentation was the longest/hardest recovery for me.  I was not prepared for this and got frustrated due to that.  I am now glad that I did it, as I think I have a nice little ass now, but I was unprepared for how long it would hurt/bother me and how long it would take to return to normal.  (I'm still not quite 100% normal.)
imachangin
on 9/10/11 6:36 am
How has it felt when you are sitting?  When were you able to without discomfort?

Crazeru
on 9/10/11 7:46 am
Sitting isn't a problem as they are higher up.  Like Tessy said, it did hurt for a while when I leaned against something and it was on the edge of the implant.  It was between 3-4 mo that I had problems with the sides hurting.  I'm almost 8 mo, and it doesn't seem to bother me now.  I just went and edged around the wall on both sides, and the back and no pain at all.  There is a definite recovery period though, but it was worth it!  

Chris
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

cyndi U.
on 9/10/11 10:13 pm - forney, TX
I had the flap also.  Didn't think I needed it & they talked me into it.  Now granted, I'm proud I did it, I would have NO butt at all now if they hadn't done it after removing all that skin!  My butt is still flat in my opinion, just a little rounded on the top. 

The butt flap is a VERY weird feeling, wasn't expecting it at all!  It feels like your leaning against a towel rolled up at the top of your butt only when I leaned against something.  Not Pain, just weird and uncomfortable.  I just wasn't expecting this at all and it really caught me off guard, but still proud I did it.  This feeling lasted longer than anything else also.  I'm 3.5 months out & I still can feel it when I lean against something like a door, lay on my back, etc.  They said it will eventually soften & you won't be able to tell.

Cyndi U
Gastric Bypass, Dr. Daniel Jones, Dallas, 2003
LBL, Lipo, Butt Aug, Full Thigh Lift, hernia repair - 5/5/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Echo & Dr. Bullocks
BL/BA, brachioplasty - 8/26/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Lee & Dr. Bullocks

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 5:36 am - Yorktown, VA
Sitting isn't a problem because the flap is at the top of the butt and when you sit, you're actually sitting on the bottom portion of your butt/top of your thighs.

I can't recline in a recliner, though, as it's the same thing as laying on your back basically. 
Most Active