Drains....Ouch!

dbyarbro
on 9/10/11 10:25 pm - Cypress, CA
I had my breast reduction on Friday morning, and I tell you my drains are really sore.  Yesterday we had to wash the bra that they sent me home in due to blood on it, so I wore one of my old one (at least there was a lot of room for the bulbs) but I think we never could get a good spot to put the cords from the drain to the bulb.  Then trying to get the other bra back on which was tighter, my drain area is really sore.  Now my question, is it from what I did, or maybe part of the healing process?  I have (hopefully) only until tomorrow with them, but to be honest, I would be such a happy camper with out them.   Thanks for the info

Denise~
 Read about my journey on UCLA's Bariatric Website:
 http://bariatrics.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=47&ref=11&action=detail

293/255/199/165/142    Highest Wt/Surgery Wt/GOAL #1/Goal #2/Current 
GOAL #2 REACHED-March 3, 2010, Breast Reduction-Sept 9,2011

cyndi U.
on 9/11/11 4:58 am - forney, TX
those dang drains are just the devil!  there is no real comfortable way for them.  I did take a washrag (folded a couple of times) and place it  between the bottom of the bra & my skin, this allowed a little bit of extra room for the drain to have & lay down in.  After that, just try to grin & bear it until tomorrow, then pray they definately come out tomorrow.  I had surgery on a friday w/an add'l surgery due to a hematoma & they placed an extra drain.  one drain came out tuesday, the other 2 on wednesday night.  hope this helps!

Cyndi U
Gastric Bypass, Dr. Daniel Jones, Dallas, 2003
LBL, Lipo, Butt Aug, Full Thigh Lift, hernia repair - 5/5/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Echo & Dr. Bullocks
BL/BA, brachioplasty - 8/26/11, Baylor Houston Residency Program - Dr. Lee & Dr. Bullocks

dbyarbro
on 9/11/11 11:40 pm - Cypress, CA
Yes that does help.  I am jus****ching the minutes tick away....please hurry! lol!!  I hope they do come out, but if not I am sure there is a reason.  I can't wait to see my top with out things stuffed in my bra though! Thank you for the encouraging words.

Denise~

Laura in Texas
on 9/12/11 1:44 am
I hope you have them out by now. After my lift, I wore an ace bandage until my drains were out. I took them out myself on day 3 (with surgeon's permission, of course). The breast drains were not a problem for me, just the ones for my lbl.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

dbyarbro
on 9/12/11 10:34 am - Cypress, CA
Sorry about those memories.. :)  I do feel 100% better!  I am kind of sad that one boob is still numb, but the nurse said it is still early and all is pink and healthy.  I am looking forward to seeing the doctor Wednesday.

Denise~

Most Active