Breas Lift

wenklebe
on 9/30/11 1:02 pm - WI
I havent posted here in a while, not since I was looking for info to argue my lift being covered by insurance. 
Well I finally did it on my own.  Yesterday.  Since I'm one of the 'fortunate' ones...or maybe unfortunate...that I lost all my boob weight I could not get a medical reduction.  Even though they have been causing grooves and shoulder neck pain, arm numbness etc...

Im doing ok...in a bit of pain still, but I guess thats expected when you're pretty much cut from shoulderblade to shoulderblade.  Today I have a lot of swelling, but thankfully the doc didnt see a need to put drains in...Yeah! I had that experience with my tt a few years back and it wasnt fun.

Im still in my wrap till tomorrow and am anxious to see what they look like when I take it off...besides it is making my back itch like crazy.  Yet at the same time I'm scared to see what they look like.  I know that what I see now is not going to be good as they are swollen and probably bruised etc.

I am planning to resubmit clain to insurance one more time with the pathology weights just to be sure there is not a possibility of them covering this...which would be really really nice... Other than that I am planning to go back in a few months to get implants as I am probably only an A cup now.  I know that part will not be covered by insurance because implants are considered cosmetic unless after a mastectomy. Or in that rare situation where one doesnt develop a breast.
Any suggestions for recovery on this...I have been using the gel ice packs along with my bed buddy (tube sock like thing that can be put in freezer or microwave). And of course taking my pain pills on schedule...

Laura in Texas
on 10/1/11 1:17 am
Good for you. I had my breast lift at the same time as my lbl. I will be getting implants as soon as I pay off the last round. The boobs did not cause me any pain at all, so no advice here. Hope you feel better soon!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

wenklebe
on 10/1/11 10:01 am - WI
Thanks for your reply... My pain is improving.  I think some of it was due to the binding and swelling.  I did unwrap this morning and I am thrilled.  I dont think they looked this good when I was a teenager.  Yes they have the incisions etc, but I am able to look at the big picture and I am amazed.  My surgeon did an AWESOME job.  Given that I am still swollen I do think that I am going to want implants.  But WOW...after 5 years of pancakes..lol.. I am thrilled... I may have to control myself from going topless LMAO...
Most Active