Frustrated - 4 mo post op TT & arm lift

siberiancat
on 10/9/11 1:20 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I had fleur de lis abdominoplasty & brachioplasty May 24.  I did have complication of tissue necrosis with open wound (vertical incision) for 3 months, so I know that complicates things.

My belly (below & above belly button) is so tight and sore.  I don't take pain pills, but by evening it is hard to stand erect because of tight tension and aching.  I use heat, soak in tub, use oils to relax and relieve pain, heating blanket at night.

I can't do any exercise other than walk or climb stairs - I'm just too sore.  I do carry groceries in, lift things up to about 20# - but it seems like I should be doing better than this.

Saw PS at 4 months post op and he said I was doing fine.  He wants me to use silicone strips on belly scars - and I did for a couple weeks, but 2 places on my incision opened up - so I stopped using them.

I'm taking all supplements, 100gm protein daily, extra vitamin C.  Being fairly active - just no exercise.

Anyone else experience such tightness, achyness??  I just don't feel like doing much of anything.  Should I push myself??  

Give me your advice.  Thanks so much.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/11 1:43 am - Yorktown, VA
I'm not experiencing anything like you describe, but I am also 4.5 months post-op LBL and tried to do a pushup the other day and couldn't.  It hurt my abs too much.  So, those muscles are still sore.  I've not done any exercise at all.
TurtleShell
on 10/9/11 3:28 am - WA
I can't speak from experience since I haven't had my surgeries yet, but my understanding is that the muscle repair from the tummy tuck is painful and that the soreness takes longer to heal. I don't know if it's supposed to last this long, though. I hope you feel better.
muffin27
on 10/9/11 8:14 am - Canada
ericaFG
on 10/9/11 12:32 pm - Cambridge, Canada
I found my stomach muscles were sensitive for a long time.  Still are if I overdo it.  A few times my husband has tried to kind of "lift" me with a hug (can you visualize what I mean herE?) and the stretch in my tummy almost KILLED me!  I screamed!  And it stung and ached for hours after.  And running for the first 6 months or so made my belly clamp up and go numb...

By June this year, I was able to do sit-ups at a Boot Camp class (6 months out).  My arm incisions still stung like they were being bit by 1000 bees when I stretched them.

I've had my arm incisions revised (2 months ago) and they are still VERY tight and sore with exercise or stretching.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

siberiancat
on 10/10/11 8:12 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
OK, thanks everyone.  I will keep listenng to my body.  I'm sure I just need to be patient.  I am taking Vitaladys Tender Iron daily.  I'm not going to force myself - my weight is good and I stay within my food plan.

My arms still "sting" too and several places there is numbness.  I am "stretching" the axilla incisions daily by reaching up on high shelves to break down the scars a little and make them more flexible.

I did babysit with my two granddaughters today (age 1 and 3) and had to take Tylenol mid afternoon.  Just couldn't bend over and pick up all the toys - my belly actually hurt - like I'd been punched a few times in the gut.  I lifted the 1 yr old several times - but not the 3 yr old.  I know my belly will be extra tender the next couple days from the exertion.

Glad we are going into winter - it is easier to take it easy.

Blessings to all.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Kayla B.
on 10/12/11 4:37 am - Austin, TX
Thanks for posting.  I've been feeling like I am healing slowing from my LBL 3.5 months ago with my belly still feeling "funny" without wearing a binder...but it seems like we are all experiencing the same things.  I tried to get back to exercising at 6 weeks out and I was uncomfortably swollen and sore from doing so.  I gave it a few more weeks and I'm getting back into it again and it is going so much better this time.

I think the extreme fatigue sounds a little worrisome.  I might have vitamin levels checked just to be sure.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Most Active